Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old Irish Banknotes - Ploughmans and Lady Lavery

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

very hard to give a honest value as many people will over or under pay on certain notes the 5 punt ploughman around 300-700 all depending on the grade also the 10 punt ploughman (800-2600) all depending on the grade again these are not un realistic values but it is one hundred percent down to grading higher the grade the more the value more of the user will be able to advise you further and also u can sell your notes on adverts.ie they have a coin and note section also welcome to the forum
    jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Szarik102

jamiecoins wrote: »

in condition good around 100-150 depending the un circulated notes go for 300-500 euro <SNIP>

The face value of a Parnell 100 note is 127 Euro. As such I think that you should be giving a minimum value of at least 127-150 Euro for a used example :D

@The Alternator
    There are several books available which give up to date values on Irish notes.

Your Ploughman 5 would have a value of between 500 for a low grade collectible example up to about 2000+ for an unused example.
    There is a pool of high grade National 5 Plough notes examples of which turn up from time to time. A run of 22 unused notes EF-AU were dumped on the market about a year ago depressing the prices somewhat of all the common Ploughman 5 notes. However an AU grade example fetched slightly over 2000 Euro subsequently in a London auction.
    ebay is a good indicator of values on lower grade notes — the auctions with lots of bidders which start at a low value.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

Hey, im new to boards but have found it strange that there are no threads relating directly to the Ploughmans series of Banknotes.

I am a keen collector of all Irish banknotes and im in the process of getting my very own Ploughmans £5 sometime this week. My concern is that although i want to complete my full collection i fear i will never ever get my hands on a Ploughmans £10 banknote, its taken me almost 8 years to get the £5.

If anyone has knowledge in this field please discuss on this thread, as i say i can help with your concerns on these banknotes as i have them all, although i have very little solid knowledge with the worth of each note, again people can inform me of the full range of notes as they seem fit. I woulnt be that accurate in my estimations.

I know the Ploughmans series include the 1,5,10,20,50 and 100 pound banknote although after in depth study i found that all of the 20,50 & 100 notes have been reclaimed and accounted for.

Please add any knowledge, concerns, feedback or related topics here.

Cheers

theres one on ebay at the mo for bin over 5k lol

Rather overpriced at 5k.
    There are lots of Plough 10s sloshing about ont he market currently, at far less than 5k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi All
    Could any one give me a ball park value figure for some 10 shilling notes that I have, they are dated 1/9/59, 25/5/66, 12/9/51.
    Also have a Bank of Ireland £1 Ploughman dated 3/7/39 in good condition and a 1960 British Linen Bank £1 note dated 15/4/1960.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Difficult to give estimates without seeing the condition.
    !0/- notes are worth anything from a Euro each up to 30 Euro, depending on their condition. Most reasonably well used ones of this era would be worth about 10-15 Euro.
    BoI plough, 250-350 depending on how nice it is.
    BLB £, face value unless it is very nice, then a few Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Thanks Szarik
    I was clearing out the old family home attic when I came across these,I also came across a number of dog licences dating back to the very eary 1900's each carring some form of revenue stamp it would be interesting to see if these have any value, do you have any idea where one would go with these old items.
    Apart from any monetary value the nostalgic value of poking through loads of old family items was priceless, I must make a point of leaving a stash for my future generation although most of our memories seen to be on usb sticks, cards discs etc.
    Regards

I have no idea where you could go to enquire about he dog licences I'm afraid. One of the local collectibles' auctioneers might know.

And electronic media become obsolete so fast. Try finding a way to read data off a floppy disk these days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hannahmthws

hi i just found this thread i was wondering i have some Series A lady lavery 1 pound notes in relatively good condition dated 69 and 76 does anyone know how much they would be worth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭hblock21

Hi, Trying to find out how much an uncirculated £50 Douglas Hyde banknote is worth. Can't ready find much on the net. Anyone have any budget idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jonnyr69er

HI I have some series A notes 20,10,5,1,10 shilling set dose any one know what it might be worth. I have some series be notes too 20,5,1 but I dont think they would be worth much. Can anyonetell me where or how I could get them valued
    Thanks Jonny

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Birdman

Hi I have a friend who can value them for you if you want to send him images ! You can pm me if you are interested and I'll give you his email address . He's a good sort and will give you a true valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

I have a lady lavery £50, £20 and a £5 note. Are they worth more than face value or will I just put them into central bank?
    The £50 is in ok condition date 4.4.77 but someone wrote £450 on the front.
    The £5 is in ok condition date 27.2.70
    The £20 is very frail pink note in bad condition 6.1.75 and written on at front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

comment wrote: »
    I have a lady lavery £50, £20 and a £5 note. Are they worth more than face value or will I just put them into central bank?
    The £50 is in ok condition date 4.4.77 but someone wrote £450 on the front.
    The £5 is in ok condition date 27.2.70
    The £20 is very frail pink note in bad condition 6.1.75 and written on at front

They are worth what someone is prepared to pay. From some of the feedback on Adverts for example, there is some demand but you need to be lucky.

Did I see Adverts giving free ads recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TC91TC

hi i am new to this forum but i have various notes (ploughman and lady lavery). I have a ploughman national bank £5 note and a ploughman munster and leinster £5 pound note with no tear/rips or stains. I also have a ploughman national bank £10 note in good condition. I have lady lavery notes also, 6 £5 notes, two £1 notes, two £10 pound notes and a £20 note. £1 notes are immaculate condition along with the £20 note. Few stains on the £5 notes and the £10 notes are in good condition. Just wondering if someone could tell me the values of these notes. regards.

Hi would you consider selling the 10 pound ploughman?

• Advertisement
Advertisement