Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the worst original film to ever get a sequel?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Tomb Raider.

The fact that Angelina Jolie is so god damn doable, is the sole reason of this sequel despite no1 being dog feces on a stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

judging by the hint at the beginning of resident evil & the 'nemisis' reference i'm guessing that there's a sequel planned...
    maybe if the stick to the plot of the games more closely it might not be so bad (but then again, resi 2 had the worst plot of them all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

Bad boys.

Dreadful.

If anyone disagrees, i don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Bad Boys?
    LOL!

classic flick.
    /me waits for #2

afaik, RE2 is in the planning.
    What was wrong with RE?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

saw RE at the weekend and my god was it the biggest heap of poo poo! it totally left itself open for the sequel!

/me shudders!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

When a film leaves the ending "open", people complain about them just paving the way for a sequel.
    When a film ends normally, wrapping everything up nicely, people ask "will they make a sequel?"

What's the deal?

I enjoyed RE lots, but mainly because I didn't really expect anything more than cutscenes from the three games. Which I got.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Texas Chainsaw Massacre. For all the hype about this film being banned it was actually complete shít with the exception of about ten minutes of film. The fact they went on and made 3 follow ups.... That’s truly shocking and terrifying.
    I also believe that a remake of the original is on the way *Sigh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭D nominater

hate to say this highlander and its sequals (except two on reviewing)were good
    hey dude wheres my car was also good most of the others were crap all right
    as long as they dont make an all the little animals sequal i suppose............
    any barney film is obviously s*ite

what about the films that explicity say that there is a sequal?
    ...back to the future,star wars,lord of the rings....?:confused:

i don't know about the worst film of all but the avengers i hear was really name the luckiest actor in it being sean connery because you didn't actually see him,2 came back would never get into the worst film awards but it was pretty lame if only it had a plot and a bit better direction maybe it could have actually been good..
    the truth is i tend to forget about the really crappy films(and i wouldnt watch a sequal to a crappy film) and just remember the good ones specially bcos i rarely watch a crappy film through
    oh yeah and although good first time, ***** is more disgusting and a little boring second time than first time
    also the sequal to Bruce Lees previous films made when bruce lee is actually dead is the worst bruce lee film ever but not that bad a film i generally only watch the fight scenes anyway which is why the jet li films are so good you can actually watch the whole thing and be entertained speaking of which the one with *****
    was goodish in places but overall very lame

most disapointing sequals(computer games)
    tenchu 2
    g-police 2, but not that bad and it almost worked
    croc 2
    indiana jones and the temple of doom(film)
    can't think of any more right now but i'll keep you posted...(hahahahahahahaahahha)
    wait mortal kombat 3
    later army men sequals so i hear

:o :eek: :mad: :confused:

• Advertisement

must apologise for my last mail the *'s to be exact
    couldn't remember the names so i threw them in then forgot about them
    *sleepy hollow
    *still dont remember the name but its the where hes a monk or something and there's a kind of a martial arts thief witch woman and the baddies are all trying to kill these special monk kids and jet li is protecting them,i think it's meant to be funny ,i'm sure the chinese tried the same thing with one of the bruce lee films(trying to make a funny martial arts film i mean).

*sleepy hollow
    *still dont remember the name but its the where hes a monk or something and there's a kind of a martial arts thief witch woman and the baddies are all trying to kill these special monk kids and jet li is protecting them,i think it's meant to be funny ,i'm sure the chinese tried the same thing with one of the bruce lee films(trying to make a funny martial arts film i mean).

damned if ye care anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by D nominater
    what about the films that explicity say that there is a sequal?
    ...back to the future,star wars,lord of the rings....?:confused:

There's a difference between a sequel and a continuation. A sequel would be a whole new story with either the same general premise or the same cast or location. A continuation would pick up in the same story where the previous movie left off.

Pedantic it may be, but as an example, in the case of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I wouldn't class "The Two Towers" as the 'sequel' to "The Fellowship of the Ring", but simply as the second part of the same story.

When they made Back To The Future, they weren't actually planning to make a second movie (according to the blurb on the BTTF DVD). LotR was always going to be split in 3 - simply for the sake of fitting it all in, time wise. It's one film ... in three parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

Austin Powers.

stupid movie, stupid sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

please please please god prevent them from making a sequel to "13 ghosts" !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

Cruel Intentions 2 was utter rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Bard

When they made Back To The Future, they weren't actually planning to make a second movie (according to the blurb on the BTTF DVD).

Yep this is true. A lot of people think there was always a sequel planned because on the end of the video tape you see 'to be continued'. However this caption was only inserted for the video release after all three films were made so if the copy you have has this caption then you don't have what was seen in the theatrical release.

Fortunately the DVD set that was released before Xmas had the good sense not to include it so you're getting something closer to the theatrical original

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

*sleepy hollow

Sleepy Hollow is a cult classic.

is the film you mean The Replacement Killers

still dont remember the name but its the where hes a monk or something and there's a kind of a martial arts thief witch woman and the baddies are all trying to kill these special monk kids and jet li is protecting them,i think it's meant to be funny.

I think your on about The Legend Of The Red Dragon.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Im going back a bit here now but i remember a film called ninja kids or something, 3 kids learned martial arts from some old guy. A 7 year old kid beating up about 20 full grown men. i was 8 when i saw it and even at that age when bosco was still cool, i realised that film was crap..... and they made 2 sequels to it.

Anyone remember the film im on about ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

*sleepy hollow

And Sleepy Hollow is a sequel of what exacty?

Class film, tbh though.

Possibly the worst sequel ever is Scary Movie 2, Followed by I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Scream 2 and 3, Urban Legand 2, Batman And robin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Men in Black

i mean the first one was bad.... but the sequel was just crap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,013 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Scary Movie 2 - Once the first ten minutes over you can actually turn that off.

Austin Powers 2 - Basically, same jokes and a different plot that was designed for a push in America due to the flop that was AP1. Quite frankly a re-release of AP1 and a tranqualiser slipped into Myers' ice-tea would have been the best path for all concerned.

Jurassic Park 3 - If it wasn't for the bitching session that me and my friend had all the way through this disaster on the loopholes and the hazards of bringing a woman anywhere this film would have actually left me depressed.

Home Alone 2 - I won't insult your intelligence by explaining why that one sucked.

Thats all i can think of for now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Apart from the special effects which impressed for about 5mins Godzilla was **** and set itself up for a sequel though i doubt anyone will make it.

any of the batman movies after Batman returns

there making a sequel to independence day aparantley though im not suggesting it was **** (cos it wasn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

American Psycho, class film
    American Psycho 2, never heard of it till I saw it on DVD in virgin, stacks of them going nowhere a year later.
    Under Siege anyone?
    Or does the question go, worst sequel to an original film?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

HAHAHAH Saw mimic 2 in the video shop last week; First one was absolutely dire.

I saw it in the savoy, at the end when the sewers (Where the cockroach people had set up their nest - Don't ask) explodes after a gas explosion, the hero dives into a nearby pool of water(?) and swims to safety. As manhole covers rain down all over New York, gouts of flame shoot up from gaping chasms in the middle of city streets and pedestrians are crushed by falling pavemnt and poo (etc) Our hero emerges unscathed. A bloke in the cinema gets up, shouts "He's not even singed!" (Damn the spelling) and storms out of the cinema.

Tripe, a big bullock scrotum full of rotting tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Warlock 3 - End of Innocence

Oh begorrah 'tis a woeful film.

Made down in Concorde studios in Spiddle. Got it out solely because my brother worked on it (and he had warned me repeatedly)

JESUS it's ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Home Alone was awful and yet it still got an even worse sequel
    Crocodile Dundee, the less said about that one the better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Austin Powers 2 - Basically, same jokes and a different plot that was designed for a push in America due to the flop that was AP1. Quite frankly a re-release of AP1 and a tranqualiser slipped into Myers' ice-tea would have been the best path for all concerned.

Yeah the concept for Austin Powers would have made a passably funny Two Ronnies Christmas Show 15 Minute Sketch what some 15 years ago with Ronnie Corbett as Austin Powers Ronnie Barker as Doctor Evil And the baldy bloke out of benny hill as mini-me.
    That Myers managed to stretch the concept to three movies with basically the same knob and fart gags.Is a comercial if not artistic work of genius.

Advertisement