Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini €79 with Carphonewarehouse

Options
  • 19-12-2014 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I've noticed the past three nights or so that from around 1am to 4am the pebble blue S3 Mini on Vodafone has been dropping to €89 on Vodafone with CPW.

Well tonight I see the price has dropped even further, to now just €79 (same price it was on Black Friday).

Cracking price for this phone, especially with free delivery - doubt it will last long.

carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-8gb/238682/1.70

s4.postimg.org/ocxe1ien1/CPWS3_Mini.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Cathy.C wrote: »
    I've noticed the past three nights or so that from around 1am to 4am the pebble blue S3 Mini on Vodafone has been dropping to €89 on Vodafone with CPW.

Well tonight I see the price has dropped even further, to now just €79 (same price it was on Black Friday).

Cracking price for this phone, especially with free delivery - doubt it will last long.

carphonewarehouse.ie/Product/samsung-galaxy-s3-mini-8gb/238682/1.70

s4.postimg.org/ocxe1ien1/CPWS3_Mini.png

Great deal for last minute present (assuming it gets delivered on time!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

Thanks OP,
    Just pulled the trigger
    Love bargain alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I bought one of these in May 2013, lost it in March 2014, and had no hesitation in buying another one straight away. Grand little phone, which I would thoroughly recommend, and that is a cracking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭gooner99

Good deal. I have the blue one and would love the white one for my wife.Hopefully they will add it.But guess I could go for the blue and get her a cover,so as she knows which is which.What is the story with reserve and collect,I don't see it listed as an option?

• Advertisement

gooner99 wrote: »
    Good deal. I have the blue one and would love the white one for my wife.Hopefully they will add it.But guess I could go for the blue and get her a cover,so as she knows which is which.What is the story with reserve and collect,I don't see it listed as an option?

Went ahead and bought it.We'll sort out a different cover/case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Is this the S3 Mini VE or the regular S3 Mini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

Mine came this morning.

Seems to be a good faster than the last S3 I had, which could lag a little with many apps open. I opened as many apps as I could today just to put it through it's paces and no lag whatever.

In ear earphones included also which I though might be absent at the price (which is still available at the time of this post at least).

There is also €20 cash back via the Christmas booklet that comes with it but you have to wait until August to claim it.

BostonB wrote: »
    Is this the S3 Mini VE or the regular S3 Mini

It's i8200N which is the VE version.

The older S3 Mini has a 1.0 Ghz dual-core and this has a 1.2 GHz dual-core.

Can't see any other differences in the specs.

I think it has a later version of Android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭SheldonC17

If ordered now do we reckon I could get it on time?

BostonB wrote: »
    I think it has a later version of Android.

It has Jelly Bean v4.2.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

It has Jelly Bean v4.2.2.

Can this be upgrades to v4.3+

gooner99 wrote: »
    Went ahead and bought it.We'll sort out a different cover/case.

I have this type:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Magnetic-Flip-Slim-Leather-Twill-Case-Cover-Pouch-for-Samsung-S3-mini-i8190-Pink-/331418315237?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item4d2a1229e5

which includes a new phone back - doesn't really matter what colour the phone is, and it's really neat.

Hard to know. Its an old phone now. Samsung aren't great with old models.

SheldonC17 wrote: »
    If ordered now do we reckon I could get it on time?

I'm pretty sure there was an option to collect 'in store' when checking out.

I know I have done so before with CPW and I could select any CPW store I wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭pah

It's not a great phone but for that price you won't get much better i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

pah wrote: »
    It's not a great phone but for that price you won't get much better i'd say

Would the Moto E from Tesco for the same price be a better bet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Can I ask is this phone an unlocked phone? Can I just buy a sim card and off I go?

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can I ask is this phone an unlocked phone? Can I just buy a sim card and off I go?

It's on Vodafone.

Around €10 for an unlock code on Ebay.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

That Samsung Phone is 75 euro in Tesco at the moment.

• Site Banned Posts: 180 ✭✭kellymick39

It's on Vodafone.

Can you not just call Vf and ask them for the unlock code?
    Thats what I did with 02 when I wanted to put a Tesco payg sim into my phone.

You could try but if everyone that asked for an unlock code, got them, I doubt they would ever bother locking handsets to begin with.

I think if you have spent over €200 on phone credit with certain Networks, they will give you the unlock code.
    That Samsung Phone is 75 euro in Tesco at the moment.

Not the same phone. That's the Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus that's in in Tesco, which is a piece of crap. Had one and it lagged constantly and had a washed out display too. Has less RAM also. The GPU is apparently much faster in S3 Mini.

Good head to head here where the S3 Mini trounces the Trend Plus when it comes to Wifi connectivity, Internet speed, display:

vienne86 wrote: »
    I have this type:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Magnetic-Flip-Slim-Leather-Twill-Case-Cover-Pouch-for-Samsung-S3-mini-i8190-Pink-/331418315237?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item4d2a1229e5

which includes a new phone back - doesn't really matter what colour the phone is, and it's really neat.

Thanks for that

Mine came this morning.

Seems to be a good faster than the last S3 I had, which could lag a little with many apps open. I opened as many apps as I could today just to put it through it's paces and no lag whatever.

In ear earphones included also which I though might be absent at the price (which is still available at the time of this post at least).

There is also €20 cash back via the Christmas booklet that comes with it but you have to wait until August to claim it.

False advertising. The description says "FREE €200 Voucher Booklet"

I have an S3 mini myself.have it a year so probably the older model.can lag a little,but not too bad. all in all a great little phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

It's on Vodafone.

Do you have a link for that price? best i can find is around €18

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

If you are on bill pay or know someone who is you get 3 free 'unlocks'

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    If you are on bill pay or know someone who is you get 3 free 'unlocks'

On bill pay you get 3 free unlocks???? I'm on bill pay, and I never knew that!

Advertisement