Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Geographic Magazine Offer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I get it using my tesco vouchers, check out the deals brochure that comes with the club card mailing or tesco website.

It costs euro 9.50 in tesco vouchers and says you get a free fleece and map.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭DoomZ

Ha ha,,,did anyone see the banner ad above, 12 issues for 28e plus a map and fleece.
    We're been fleeced

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Yes tesco offer is great. It's a pity the kids version is almost twice the price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭scubapro

It's UK only, want it in Ireland pay 28e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

A good deal even with parcel motel. Around 75 euro. Couldn't pay it though knowing it's only 28 euro across the water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Be cautious. National Geographic sell your information to marketing companies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

28 euros is still a good deal . In Ireland one issue costs over 8.30 euros !!

I have been using this site this year . I get my issue at the start of every month and I also got my fleece and wallmap.
    Actually ended up getting two fleeces.

8.30 x 12 is 99.6 euros .so you save 71.6 euro. Plus you get a free wall map and fleece and access to previous issues online via databank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

vicwatson wrote: »

I'd agree. Got a serious amount of junk mail after I subscribed. Took some time for them to stop plus I had to contact a few companies myself. There was a pretty big thread on it from a year or two ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

The fleece I got was hilarious. It was big enough to fit an elephant seal, at least a size xxxxxl. I suppose they have to cater for the American market. I just gave it to a charity shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got it through the Tesco vouchers and got my fleece. Seriously good value.

Didn't get any spam with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

vicwatson wrote: »

Would this go to my parcel motel address and therefore cost me €3.50 each time??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Would this go to my parcel motel address and therefore cost me €3.50 each time??

For €28 annually it will be posted to your house in ireland, plus the fleece and wall map. We've signed up with a different name in the house every year to keep getting the freebies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Slunk wrote: »
    I'd agree. Got a serious amount of junk mail after I subscribed. Took some time for them to stop plus I had to contact a few companies myself. There was a pretty big thread on it from a year or two ago.

+1 here. The amount of junk mail I got (and still get, 3 yrs after subscribing!) made it not worth it at all IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Slunk wrote: »

Exactly. same here. They admitted it too

I have never got junk mail and I use this deal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

even with parcel motel though it;s a great deal but an absolute steal if like myself you have a UK address to get it delivered to, as someone said these magazines retail at over €8 alone.

This deal is from ng aswell .
    Once you purchase it all the emails and deliveries come from NG and not magazine.co.uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

If you put your address in as parcel motel, and that address is used for junk mail, aren't you going to get charged a parcel motel fee every time some flyer arrives? Be very careful - parcel motel will forward on everything they receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

I got it on the Tesco vouchers a few months ago. No sign of an elephant sized fleece yet...

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    I got it on the Tesco vouchers a few months ago. No sign of an elephant sized fleece yet...

Email the customer service. I did and they promptly sent out a fleece . However the original fleece arrived some weeks later . First fleece was sent from china and second from Europe . It takes a few months to arrive .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The fleece I got was hilarious. It was big enough to fit an elephant seal, at least a size xxxxxl. I suppose they have to cater for the American market. I just gave it to a charity shop.

Did yours have a liner inside? Mine was just some flece material with a zip, unwearable.

Noblong wrote: »
    Did yours have a liner inside? Mine was just some flece material with a zip, unwearable.

I thought my fleece was just rubbish as it was bought with the tesco offer ;-)

Noblong wrote: »

I thought my fleece was just rubbish as it was bought with the tesco offer ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ilavela

Thanks OP and Cats.Whisker! Real bargain for 9.50!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

DoomZ wrote: »
    Ha ha,,,did anyone see the banner ad above, 12 issues for 28e plus a map and fleece.
    We're been fleeced

I wonder is that legitimate site the one in the banner ? Seems to be different from main NG site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone seen any decent NG deals lately?

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone seen any decent NG deals lately?

€9.50 in tesco vouchers got mine this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Saw that but I only ever get the odd Euro or two in Tesco vouchers, never been near €9.50.

Advertisement