Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

PHB wrote: »
    Morrisson for me, really must be one of the best footballers Fergie has ever seen, for him to put up with this much crap. As such, I'm still willing to give him a chance as long as Fergie thinks its worthwhile.

Ultimately, he's just a stupid 18 year old kid, nothing more.

He's 19 in less than a month. He would want to start making a bit more effort tbf. I'd rather start reading stuff he's done on the pitch rather than off it. But that hasn't happened. If he doesn't change his attitude he's going to piss away his career.

As for Pogba, I think he is at the club at the wrong time. He needs to be playing some football next season and because the current state of our midfield and the clear neglect it has suffered over the past number of years it will become very evident that some 18 year old kid isn't going to get a game when fans will put ridiculous pressure on his shoulders at such an early stage. He won't get the time here to play. I read he has six months left on his contract, with the club having the option to extend that for another year. It makes f**k all sense for an 18 year old to stay here when they are getting promises from other clubs, be the realistic or unrealistic, of game time.

Fergie knows putting him in at the deep end now isn't right, partly down to his own fault due to our CM situation. Pogba obviously wants football and we obviously can't give him that. Even if the club extended his contract by 12 months, he's not going to get the game time here. We have taken a 37 year old legend out of retirement instead of giving youth a shot.

Also, I don't care what anyone's reservations are about Anderson, he is an exceptionally talented footballer. He will be looking at Paul Scholes coming out of retirement and thinking is he ever going to get a run in this team. What is Paul Pogba going to take from that too? Anderson gets too much heat from the fans for little or nothing for the trickled little runs he gets in the side. I imagine Pogba would suffer the same faith. Fergie has shown that he isn't willing to give these players time in the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Its only at centre back Jones has been suspect imo, he looked good at right back up until the other night which I put down to him needing a rest, and he looked good in midfield any time he has played there

His passing and first touch etc... are not yet good enough to be a first choice centre midfielder in my opinion though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Thats very harsh. Whenever he played in midfield hes been top class. Against QPR he was unreal IIRC.

thats going a bit far, charlie adam who many are saying has been a flop gave him the runaround. But he has been better in cm than at cb were he looked a bit of a liability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

redzerdrog wrote: »
    I must admit I am slightly bemused by the love that jones recieves. I understand that he is very young and look like he will develope into one hell of a player. But he cost a fortune and has had his fair share of **** games this season aswell but he it seems he can do no wrong yet when compared to de gea who is also young and cost a similure fee I feel he gets a bit of a raw deal as he has made some fook ups aswell but doesnt get the same support that jones does.

De Gea is going to be a very good keeper and Jones will be a very good CB. The difference between the two is Jones has a touch of the Cult Hero complex about him; young, English, tough. De Gea is a frail guy who is slowly learning his trade despite the shíte he gets thrown at him. Both will prove to be good signings with time.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Its only at centre back Jones has been suspect imo, he looked good at right back up until the other night which I put down to him needing a rest, and he looked good in midfield any time he has played there

His passing and first touch etc... are not yet good enough to be a first choice centre midfielder in my opinion though

I agree with a lot of this but feel a lot of posters here (not you) way overrate him think he is the second coming of roy keane and paul mcgrath rolled into one and just brush aside his bad games instead focusing on oh is it great a 19 year old told someone to f off!!!

I agree with a lot of this but feel a lot of posters here (not you) way overrate him think he is the second coming of roy keane and paul mcgrath rolled into one and just brush aside his bad games instead focusing on oh is it great a 19 year old told someone to f off!!!

I and others do point out when he is having an off game, but the lad is going to be super I think, he really has something special about him from what I have seen.

Of course the hype is going to be OTT, hes young, english and has a bit of talent :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jones has easily been one of our best players this season and is a guaranteed starter in the team, at 19 years of age.

The guy's a ****ing hero.

I feel sorry for all the other clubs who don't have him.

I and others do point out when he is having an off game, but the lad is going to be super I think, he really has something special about him from what I have seen.

Of course the hype is going to be OTT, hes young, english and has a bit of talent :)

where do you think he will end up playing regularly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Jones will be a CB for sure, no question about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

RasTa wrote: »
    was half expecting keano to go through the back of morrison then chase all the kids down the tunnel screaming pick on someone your own size leave gary neville alone haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I must admit I am slightly bemused by the love that jones recieves. I understand that he is very young and look like he will develope into one hell of a player. But he cost a fortune and has had his fair share of **** games this season aswell but he it seems he can do no wrong yet when compared to de gea who is also young and cost a similure fee I feel he gets a bit of a raw deal as he has made some fook ups aswell but doesnt get the same support that jones does.

Jones has had a very well-highlighted run of terrible games recently. But before that run, he was fairly immense.

Even when winning the league every year and reaching CL finals, everyone was saying how United lacked "heart" in the middle of the field since Keane left - Jones changed that this season, to a great extent. Watching him in 70% of the games he's played so far has been a complete and utter joy - from any position.

Not at all comparing him as a player to Keane... but how people react to him, despite only being a kid, is amazing.

And as for his price... in today's market, for someone who could be at the club for the next 15 years, knowing he's certainly a future England international, and maybe even a captain... he wasn't that expensive at all.

where do you think he will end up playing regularly?

Well, he sees himself as a centre half, and thats what he was bought as, so I guess there, there is nothing to say he couldnt make a great midfielder if he applied himself to it though

But I think long term, he will be a centre half.

He would have to develop some more skills to be a competent central midfielder but he certainly has the potential to be one if he wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

From what I know his mates are a bad influence and are not the type you would want your own kids hanging about with, but this is his career, he has to step up, grow up and smarten up when it comes to that

He has had every opportunity to develop his undoubted talent and potential , but if he cant take control of his own life off the field he is no good to the club.

Im sure he has been advised on how to deal with the media, how to deal with the public, and how to choose who is and isnt good for him in his life, he must surely see himself that he is potentially throwing away a great life and potentially millions of pounds by not being professional?

If he wants to have the life his mates have, if thats who he is he may as well quit playing football at all.

There comes a time in every mans life when he must decide the path he will take himself

18 doesnt seem like a bad age considering the situation he is in, and look at the state of the midfield! he could actually nail himself in as a starter in the Manchester United midfield before he is 20 if he just buckled down

From waht I understand about Master Morrison is that HE is the bad influence on his friends. This is a guy who robbed Rio Ferdinand's gear and threatened a team mate with a knife.

Ferguson is consistantly shíte-talking about is biggest regret was not being able to tame Gazza. Well now he has his Gazza and it's not looking too great so far.

If he is damaging the club he should be ran, it's not like he'll prosper anywhere else. There are thousands like him across England, all failures. Attitude is as important as talent at that level.

The guy is a brain-dead pure and simple. United gave him far too much money too early on.

Oh for an educated youth who'd know what side his bread was buttered on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

This is a guy who robbed Rio Ferdinand's gear and threatened a team mate with a knife.

Where did you hear that?

#15 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?
    id say twitter , id say a liverpool supporter had it planned to say about evra but then they didnt appeal so he used it on morrison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Heard talk of that Rio incident a while back. Never heard or read anything official about it so presumed it was just idle Internet gossiping.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Fletch is a legend, forget the footballing side of things, I just hope he makes a full recovery health wise

This plus 1.
    If any club sign him from us they will have to pay compenastion cause he is under 22/24 cant remember which, if he is released by the club that may be another matter

Compensation would be tiny though, less than a million. And he's worth more than that. At times the closest player he reminds me of is Cantona. He's a game changer and a match winner and i think he's worth doing all we can to hold on to him.
    #15 wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

best to ignore conno mk 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

cloptrop wrote: »
    id say twitter , id say a liverpool supporter had it planned to say about evra but then they didnt appeal so he used it on morrison

No. Not Twitter. I tried to find it. It was a periodical of note because I remember bweing surprised at it's candid nature and I took it as true when it was printed.

The incident is alluded to here on Red Cafe, but that's the only other source I could find online..

http://www.redcafe.net/f40/ravel-morrison-only-football-related-225433/index4.html

lordgoat wrote: »

Compensation would be tiny though, less than a million. And he's worth more than that. At times the closest player he reminds me of is Cantona. He's a game changer and a match winner and i think he's worth doing all we can to hold on to him.

Yeah, I know the compo would be tiny, but at least it would mean the club hadnt spend so much money on him for nothing, I imagine the compo covers the training fee, not entirely sure though

I want the kid to make it, obviously, he has so much natural ability but if he does not have the attitude, the mentality to back it up he could go down as one of the greatest wastes of talent to come into the game

As Keane said it that training video on the last page (paraphrasing)

The skills and talent are great but they are only a tiny part, without the hard work and determination you will fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ah Ravel...such a wordsmith!
    As if I leave utd 4 city or any ova club city are sh1t n will always be in utds shadow :D #GGMU #mufc4lyf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

kmart6 wrote: »

You're quoting a fake. "RaveI"

Although the official twitter isn't exactly easier to read...
    Only top I would wear for a mess about is Barca our united :D

My boy WELBZ ZUPZUP say nada ahahahahahahah xxxxx

Love all the united fan there funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

When did he post that? I can't even find that after searching.

Just now he said
    RavelMorrison49 Ravel Ryan Morrison
    No contract offer to talk about

My bad...knew something looked weird with the L!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

My bad...knew something looked weird with the L!

Tbf, having seen his real twitter, it would be reasonable to assume he thinks his name is spelt with a 1 as oppose to an L

Oh I know...not the sharpest tool in the box...although he is probably the biggest tool in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya i wouldnt think ravel is the brightest.

if only he copped himself on the clown.

good video of the game on sunday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I agree with a lot of this but feel a lot of posters here (not you) way overrate him think he is the second coming of roy keane and paul mcgrath rolled into one

I don't think anyone here would make such comparisons, you speak of men who were legends in their own time. Jones may in time join them, but anyone who compares him to them now is going a bit OTT.

According to physio room Fabio could be available from this weekend, does anyone think Fergie will take a chance and give him a run of games?

And furthermore doesn't anyone think we'll be buying a LB next summer?

• Advertisement

According to physio room Fabio could be available from this weekend, does anyone think Fergie will take a chance and give him a run of games?

And furthermore doesn't anyone think we'll be buying a LB next summer?

Unless Fabio, and to a lesser extent Rafael, can get a run of injury free playing time they will both be under pressure, Raf I feel is more assured of his future at the moment but he needs to figure out a way to avoid picking up injuries every 5 games!

Fabio really needs to prove he isnt a sick note I think, Fergie has shown how much faith he clearly has in him already, if he can prove he is reliable he will be the next permanent LB i hope.

If they cant then a LB needs to be looked at because Evra is just far too comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

ya i wouldnt think ravel is the brightest.

if only he copped himself on the clown.

good video of the game on sunday..

Nice video, gotta love yer man at 2:38. Classy individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I think we all know what needs to be done..............David Silva must die!!!

Any volunteers????

Fabio really needs to prove he isnt a sick note I think, Fergie has shown how much faith he clearly has in him already, if he can prove he is reliable he will be the next permanent LB i hope.

Now maybe it's a sign I'm getting old, but there was a time in football when lads started picking up frequent injuries when they got to 28 - 30 years old and not at the birth of their careers. Football has changed, but tackling was savage 25 - 35 years ago compared to today. Despite the world class facilities at Carrington, the science and all the preparation. We have a bunch of young lads who are starting to spend more time on the physio bench than on the pitch. Worryingly, we cannot even blame the amount of games they've played. So burn out is surely not the reason for this.

I was reminded of when Ryan Giggs was plagued by hamstring problems in the late Nineties/early Noughties? Eventually some bright spark decided to look at the bigger picture. It turned out the Jag he was driving was the main culprit triggering the problem. So he changed cars/beds the lot, started doing yoga and never looked back.

This is our third season in a row where we have been in crisis with our injury list. So I suspect something is going wrong somewhere along the line and not working. I just hope that the bright sparks at Carrignton will use the Giggsy model of treatment and look at the whole picture with these lads. Carrying out a complete risk assessment away from United is also a critical component of this. This of course this should apply to all the lads and not just the younger players. Prevention is certainly always better than cure. Hopefully SAF is now fed up, asking serious questions and cracking the whip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,343 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The amount of Noel Gallagher wannabes in that video...

Now maybe it's a sign I'm getting old, but there was a time in football when lads started picking up frequent injuries when they got to 28 - 30 years old and not at the birth of their careers. Football has changed, but tackling was savage 25 - 35 years ago compared to today. Despite the world class facilities at Carrington, the science and all the preparation. We have a bunch of young lads who are starting to spend more time on the physio bench than on the pitch. Worryingly, we cannot even blame the amount of games they've played. So burn out is surely not the reason for this.

I was reminded of when Ryan Giggs was plagued by hamstring problems in the late Nineties/early Noughties? Eventually some bright spark decided to look at the bigger picture. It turned out the Jag he was driving was the main culprit triggering the problem. So he changed cars/beds the lot, started doing yoga and never looked back.

This is our third season in a row where we have been in crisis with our injury list. So I suspect something is going wrong somewhere along the line and not working. I just hope that the bright sparks at Carrignton will use the Giggsy model of treatment and look at the whole picture with these lads. Carrying out a complete risk assessment away from United is also a critical component of this. This of course this should apply to all the lads and not just the younger players. Prevention is certainly always better than cure. Hopefully SAF is now fed up, asking serious questions and cracking the whip.

When Eddie O'Sullivan was still in charge of the Irish rugby team, he had SAF come over for somewhat of a motivational speech. SAF told O'Sullivan that the most important thing to spend your money on is a great medical staff. After that you look into players.

At Man Utd. in the 90's and 00's, generally speaking we had a good record with injuries, the last 4 yrs not so good.
    I don't know if it is complacency or what but the Medical Staff do have to up their game. Players pulling groin muscles and hamstrings early in games or shortly after coming off the bench is unacceptable IMO.

• Advertisement

Taken from the BBC Sports website.
    Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini on his side's defeat by Liverpool: "The first half we didn't play well because after six months it can happen for the first time. It is clear that without three or four players it's more difficult but in the end we didn't deserve to lose the game...

City missing players ?.......Ah bless. Welcome to our world, tough ain't it?

Taken from the BBC Sports website.

City missing players ?.......Ah bless. Welcome to our world, tough ain't it?
    ''City didn't deserve to lose the game''

WTF is he on, they were shoite.

If they keep playing like that without the likes of Silva, Kompany and Toure then we don't have much to worry about.

remember last season arsenal were in all competiotions then oops they were suddenly out of all cups and throwing itt all away
    kinda wonder is that whatll happen city this year

cloptrop wrote: »
    remember last season arsenal were in all competiotions then oops they were suddenly out of all cups and throwing itt all away
    kinda wonder is that whatll happen city this year

With the help of God!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

killwill wrote: »
    With the help of God!!!

I agree, Phil Jones will have a big say in what happens.

(sorry the last batch of sigs are tacking so long, been up to my neck with college/work, will be done soon)

• Advertisement

That was posted 2 pages back.

I guess I'm not the only one who has "Beckham, into Sheringham... And Solskjaer has won it!!" on facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    That was posted 2 pages back.

I guess I'm not the only one who has "Beckham, into Sheringham... And Solskjaer has won it!!" on facebook.

or united we stand

or united we stand

Philip-J-Fry.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Gibson off to Everton??

Gibson's good to go to Goodison for £1m as Moyes looks to bolster depleted Everton squad
    By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
    Last updated at 10:45 PM on 11th January 2012
    Comments (0)
    Everton are closing on a cut-price £1million deal for Manchester United midfielder Darron Gibson.

Manager David Moyes has a limited budget but is desperate to add bodies to his squad which has been decimated by injuries and sees 24-year-old Gibson as a player who can lift his team.

Pedigree: Darron Gibson scored in United's Champions League semi-final second leg against Schalke last season
    The Republic of Ireland international has struggled to cement a first team place at Old Trafford and was in trouble with manager Sir Alex Ferguson last month when he, Wayne Rooney and Jonny Evans were all fined following a night out on Boxing Day which left them unfit to train properly the following day.

However, Moyes has a knack of getting the best out of players and believes Gibson's best years are yet to come. He will hope to wrap the deal up by the weekend and will then look to sign a striker and centre half.

The source is The Daily Mail though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2085409/Gibsons-good-to-Goodison-1m-Moyes-looks-bolster-depleted-Everton-squad.html

Philip-J-Fry.jpg

not difficult to guess who i am if you know my old username on here

not difficult to guess who i am if you know my old username on here
    P_larkin99? If so then I knew you were in the group and you are old news. If not then...

Philip-J-Fry.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,292 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wouldn' be sad to see Gibson go - has just never kicked on like he should have. I reckon he could do very well for someone (Everton seemingly) with consistent game time Good for Ireland too.

I would love to think it was making way for Pogba and Morrion, but I simply am resigning myself to those two lads signing for someone else, who will actually give them a chance in the first team.

P_larkin99? If so then I knew you were in the group and you are old news. If not then...

Emmmm..... FU :pac:

1 million quid, thats when you know you are **** , if you have experience playing for man utd and they are having trouble selling you for a million quid

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement