Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Uncharted Collection - July 22nd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Ah bollox i thought the rachet and clank bundle would include all the ps2 titles :(, but i be around for the uncharted 3 beta when it arrives cant wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

As far as the Uncharted 3 beta goes, I'm gonna post in the Boards.ie PS3 Game night thread to see if people are up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm def up for that Kearney. Will be class having a Boards night for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Uncharted 3 beta?? Tell me more!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

You have to be part of PS+. Once the 28th rolls around you should be able to start playing, once you are signed up to PS+ as far as I know.
    Either have a look over on the PS Blog or keep an eye on the PS3 Boards game night thread over the next week or so. We're all going to be playing as part of that. Throw your PSN in the list (or get someone to do it for you i.e. Narnin) over there too while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wonder if they could fit Uncharted onto PSN.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seems a bit redundant releasing a collection of two games that are readily available at bargain prices! Oh well, if more people get to experience Uncharted - contender for best linear 'cinematic' game of this console generation (a dubious accolade but Uncharted kicks ass) - all the better.

I'm sure it could fit on PSN, but it'd be a damn big file! I'd say Uncharted would probably be one of the bigger titles filesize on PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Only for those stupid Zombie/Monster things in Uncharted 1 I would have put it as one of my favorite games ever. Falls into my 2nd group of favorites because of them though :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

callaway92 wrote: »
    Only for those stupid Zombie/Monster things in Uncharted 1 I would have put it as one of my favorite games ever. Falls into my 2nd group of favorites because of them though :(

I still haven't finished the 1st one because of this. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Kiith wrote: »
    I still haven't finished the 1st one because of this. :o

Don't use manual aiming, using the auto aim makes those sections a breeze! It made my Hard and Crushing playthrough much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

that bloody Bunker level in UC1 nearly killed the game for me, massive misstep in an otherwise great game. It was just an utter chore to get through I wound up legging it and trying to avoid the enemies instead of shooting them. UC2 though, gaming perfection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Mr. K wrote: »
    Don't use manual aiming, using the auto aim makes those sections a breeze! It made my Hard and Crushing playthrough much easier.
    There's an autoaim? News to me :o

Have to agree that the bunker level was a chore. Then again, at the end of the game
    walking through that cave with El Dorado in it and shooting them point-blank with a shotgun
    was made all the more satisfying because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Daemos wrote: »
    There's an autoaim? News to me :o

I didn't realise it the first time. It's not much good against armed enemies, it seems to be pretty much designed for the monsters.

Advertisement