Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fish tank

Options
  • 18-04-2014 10:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1

Hi guys
    need some advice
    I bought a 300 litre fish tank about 3 weeks ago
    I got up tues morning to find 150 litres of water had leaked out over the floor. I rang the guy I bought it from and he told me no problem to drop it back to him so he could check it. When I asked where he was he said leitrim. Im in limerick. It wont fit in my car. Now when I bought it he said there was no problem if I had any problems he could come to me.now that I have a problem he wont help. A courier will cost €270 to transport it one way. On wed he has ad agreed to pay vourier charges now he is saying its down to me.
    Just wondering if anyone can help?
    My next route will have to be the legal one
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

It's down to a tricky question of where the contract took place. I imagine that you purchased online (because if you had used another method, you would probably have already known his location).

If you agreed to pay for a tank delivered to your house (one price, not tank + delivery) then I think that it would be easier for you. If you arranged for the tank to be transported from his place of business to your home, it could be difficult for you; the argument would be that moving the tank to a location that is inconvenient for him was your responsibility.

Life being what it is, your situation probably falls somewhere between relatively clearcut extremes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Was it a private sale, or a purchase from a business?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

You need to be really careful transporting a fishtank. If it was a private sale, which it sounds like it was, you have little comeback. Where is the leak?

Advertisement