Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Releases To Look Forward To In 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Another new track off Cynic's Kindly Bent To Free Us:

Can't say I'm feelin' either of the tracks released to be honest, especially the lyrics, which is a shame because their last album Traced In Air was particularly strong in that department I thought :-/

I'll reserve opinion until I hear the album in its entirety though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

The Treatment will have a new album out at the start of February.
    Their new song sounds like Down Payment Blues by AC/DC with some Def leppard thrown in there, it's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

New Electric Wizard album in the works. Also, original drummer Mark Greening is back in the band.

There's a nice interview with Jus Oborn here:
    http://thequietus.com/articles/14305-electric-wizard-new-album-interview

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Drunken Destrier

Behemoth's 'The Satanist' is out Feb 3rd. From the single, it sounds like it's gonna be a belter. http://youtu.be/SnTL1L8a6YI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

blastman wrote: »
    I don't think it will be a disaster as I think Floor is probably a better singer than Anette, but I don't think it will be this year anyway (based on vague memories of a facebook update after Showtime, Storytime was released)

Coming 2015. If the Wacken 2013 DVD is anything to go by, then it will be well worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Mickey H wrote: »
    Coming 2015. If the Wacken 2013 DVD is anything to go by, then it will be well worth the wait.

Yep, saw them in Birmingham just over a year ago not long after Floor joined, she's a really good singer and frontwoman.

Tuomas Holpainen has an solo album out this year based on Scrooge McDuck, I'm not sure what to make of that, though!

Swans are releasing a new album entitled To Be Kind on May 13th.

http://pitchfork.com/news/53635-swans-announce-new-album-to-be-kind-featuring-st-vincent-michael-gira-announces-solo-tour/

Excited to hear this, The Seer, their last album, is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Any idea when the Limp Bizkit album is due?

Early/Q1 2014 is the best info I can find on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

The tracks that Alcest and Cynic have released already have left me pretty disappointed. I totally get where both bands are going but so far I'm not impressed. Though that might change when I listen through in full.

Wolves In The Throne Room are releasing a new record this year too.

The new Scar Symmetry has me really excited though! :D Pretty interesting concept.
    http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/scar-symmetry-announces-the-singularity-phase-i-neohumanity-as-the-first-in-upcoming-album-trilogy

• Advertisement

Agalloch will release their fifth album, The Serpent & The Sphere, on May 13th.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=653591471355561

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Behemoth's 'The Satanist' is out Feb 3rd. From the single, it sounds like it's gonna be a belter. http://youtu.be/SnTL1L8a6YI

The Guardian (!) gave The Satanist 5/5 link. I was leafing through the usually uninteresting music review section and saw a picture of Nergal accompanying the review.

I like Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel, great video too.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Black Stone Cherry have a new album this year, and i reckon it'll take 'em into the big leagues

Read recently that May 5th is the projected release date.

Anathema announces new album!
    Recently, Anathema's singer/multi-instrumentalist Daniel Cavanagh announced that the band has been working on its 10th studio album, and that it is scheduled for release in May of this year.

Cavanagh stated that he was influenced by Radiohead and Atoms for Peace, and that some tracks will have a slightly more electronic feel. He also talked about a possible short acapella song. He says the next album will follow the same path than the previous two, but he stated that, on those past releases, the band has played it a bit safe, and that Anathema plans to gradually shift away from that on the next few albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

I heard a few tracks off the new Chrome Division album. Really good !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

cro mags wrote: »
    I heard a few tracks off the new Chrome Division album. Really good !

Have the album. Great listen when you are in the mood for something loud and fun.

A couple of dud tracks on it that sag a bit midways, but the good tracks more than make up for that.

Picked up the new Beasto Blanco album the same week I got the Chrome Division album, and that could have been a stonker if the tempo had been upped a bit more, despite it sounding very much like an Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie (for obvious reasons) mish mash at times..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Rodrigo Y Gabriella have a new one out on the 28th of April

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭rednik

New band from Glenn Hughes, Jason Bonham and Andrew Watt, released in May.

D8C2F49B2CD043298290B54A860283E7-0000362898-0003512831-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The new throwdown album arrived in the post yesterday. Best thing they've done in years. It's called 'Intolerance'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So there's new Mayhem out May 23rd called Esoteric Warfare, Impaled Nazarene on the 14th of April, and Misery Index have a new one coming called The Killing Gods.

Anaal Nathrakh finished recording a new album too, so that may get a 2014 release, and rumours of new Cannibal Corpse and Cattle Decapitation for a potential 2014-15 release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

Lacuna Coil's new record is released on monday, those vocals of Christina's are great

June 9th for the new Anathema album.

ANA-DS_400px.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Dragonforce are releasing their new album Maximum Overload in August, followed by a U.K run in September

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/dragonforce-to-release-new-album-maximum-overload-this-summer-uk-tour-announced/

Dragonforce - Defenders (Demo) ft. Matt Heafy

A review of the upcoming Opeth album:
    Greg Kennelty, a writer at Metal Injection, has published a track-by-track review of Opeth's as-of-now-untitled record, slated for a June 2014 release.

Evidently, there are "no growls or death metal vocals on this record" and it's one of Kennelty's "favorite records of 2014, [if not his top] record of 2014".

http://www.metalinjection.net/reviews/first-impressions-of-the-new-untitled-opeth-album-a-track-by-track-review

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

Picked up Gamma Ray's 'Empire of the undead' cd/dvd. Like what I hear so far

Few vids etc. at gammaray.org

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Maye83 wrote: »

Definitely looking forward to hearing the new album. I wonder will they play a sneaky track or two before release. That'd be cool. I enjoyed Heritage but I have a feeling this will just feel more solid since they got the whole 'please get used to there being no growls' over with on the last album

Oh yes!!

image001.jpg

Out on July 18th, click image for more

Steel Panther - all you can eat.
    Instant classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

http://www.rivalsons.com/

There new album is out in June.

Pressure and Time, 2011 is one of the best things to have come out in years.

Advertisement