Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fga sprint v1

Options
  • 16-11-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

hey,

can anyone recommend a flue gas analyser, i have a sprint v1 atm bout 5 years old oxygen sensor went yesterday i'll get it serviced as a spare, cost me €250/year for calibration and repairs. (i never use the smoke pump :rolleyes:)

have been thinking sprint v2 for some time now but my question, is there only the v2 or any other models in anton range?

should i consider any other make?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

I have the sprint v2 evo , no complaints with it anyway . Only had a Kane before that so can't really comment in any other makes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭jimf

I have a sprint evo 1 first calibration due this coming week Im as happy as a pig in schit with it

as I only do oil it suits my needs to a t and the plus factor I only live about 15min drive from Charlie o neill whom I purchased it from and I found him a1 to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

jimf wrote: »
    I have a sprint evo 1 first calibration due this coming week Im as happy as a pig in schit with it

as I only do oil it suits my needs to a t and the plus factor I only live about 15min drive from Charlie o neill whom I purchased it from and I found him a1 to deal with

Yeah Charlie's a sound skin alright

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I will consider Testo whenever I change. I have done no research into parts etc yet, but am impressed with some youtube demonstrations on various models. btw I have V2 at present.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

have to agree there egass

the day I got mine he delivered it to the house to me and spent about 90 mins going through everything didn't leave until I was totally happy with the workings

• Advertisement

esox28 wrote: »
    hey,

can anyone recommend a flue gas analyser, i have a sprint v1 atm bout 5 years old oxygen sensor went yesterday i'll get it serviced as a spare, cost me €250/year for calibration and repairs. (i never use the smoke pump :rolleyes:)

have been thinking sprint v2 for some time now but my question, is there only the v2 or any other models in anton range?

should i consider any other make?

jaysu esox those charges seem a bit high im led to believe the annual charge over a 5 year period would be closer to £135 + vat per annum

where you get yours done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

I have the V2 Kit 2. Whenever I am upgrading, I will go for the Evo V2 Kit 3.

I would stick with Anton as it is the only make that is calibrated in Ireland so downtime for the unit is limited. I would also try & purchase during the summer months as therefore it is calibrated then also. Too many people purchase when in their busy season & then have to have them calibrated then so out of action for longer. Charlie has only so many loan units.

I have ordered the Evo case & probe as it is snazzier than the Sprint ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

shane0007 wrote: »
    I have the V2 Kit 2. Whenever I am upgrading, I will go for the Evo V2 Kit 3.

I would stick with Anton as it is the only make that is calibrated in Ireland so downtime for the unit is limited. I would also try & purchase during the summer months as therefore it is calibrated then also. Too many people purchase when in their busy season & then have to have them calibrated then so out of action for longer. Charlie has only so many loan units.

I have ordered the Evo case & probe as it is snazzier than the Sprint ones.

How much is the evo case and probe Shane?

jaysu esox those charges seem a bit high im led to believe the annual charge over a 5 year period would be closer to £135 + vat per annum

where you get yours done

My first service of the v2 was 98 euro incl vat

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    My first service of the v2 was 98 euro incl vat

that sounds about right according to what Charlie told me

did you get yours off him dtp

• Advertisement

that sounds about right according to what Charlie told me

did you get yours off him dtp

Ye I did indeed. The guy who services them for Charlie lives about 5 mins from me. So I can't complain. Oxy cell failed last month on me, had it replaced and going again within an hour :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    How much is the evo case and probe Shane?

Can't remember what he said? Think it arrives next week. I like the brief case look of the new case. Makes me feel more important....:cool:

Can't remember what he said? Think it arrives next week. I like the brief case look of the new case. Makes me feel more important....:cool:

looks well boarding them flights to the Seychelles ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Right the wallabies gave us a bit of a hiding and im a bit tipsy but thankkes for replys.

Looks like evo is the job.

Any one in mountrath on Wednesday for com course?

esox28 wrote: »
    Right the wallabies gave us a bit of a hiding and im a bit tipsy but thankkes for replys.

Looks like evo is the job.

Any one in mountrath on Wednesday for com course?

What's com course? I'm assuming you're pissed by now :0

Commercial Oil OFT201

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

K+M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Is the commercial oil course a good course to do?

K+M.

What's K + M? I see you were on the roger melly last night also!

agusta wrote: »

You must have your OFTEC done to do it.
    3 days total, 2 of which are training on non-domestic oil storage & oil supply (re-enforcing what you did in OFTEC) & the rest is on commercial oil boilers, mainly two stage. Day 3 is your assessment.

• Advertisement

agusta wrote: »

It depends what your looking for really. I found it good but would have preferred if the course was maybe 2 days longer and those extra days were stripping burners and fault finding. But it's still a good course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

What's K + M? I see you were on the roger melly last night also!

Kane and may.

Advertisement