Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless problem

Options
  • 17-07-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

ok so i have this laptop and today it stopped recognizing the WiFi adapter (mini PCIe) so i found the root of the problem to be the antenna. connects to a metal sheet behind the lcd panel via a black wire and a white wire to either side. the white wire is broken. i don't think soldering the wire will work as it's 2 small wires so how would i go about replacing this...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

U_Fig wrote: »
    ok so i have this laptop and today it stopped recognizing the WiFi adapter (mini PCIe) so i found the root of the problem to be the antenna. connects to a metal sheet behind the lcd panel via a black wire and a white wire to either side. the white wire is broken. i don't think soldering the wire will work as it's 2 small wires so how would i go about replacing this...

laptop should still recognised the card if one of these cables is snapped , did you try reseating the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

duckysauce wrote: »
    laptop should still recognised the card if one of these cables is snapped , did you try reseating the card.

it's not showing up in device manager only the Ethernet is showing up..not the wlan.. i've removed the card and checked all the connections but nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

ok so i replaced the wlan adapter with one from an old laptop and it worked. it showed up in windows but i didn't connect the antenna's so couldn't pick up a signal but still

Advertisement