Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell Inspiron 1501 keyboard replacement question.

• 16-07-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey guys,

I have decided to revive my old lappy and need to buy a replacement keyboard for it and what not.

The question I have is that is there any difference between my buying a arabic/greek/whatever keyboard replacement and just swapping the physical key covers from my broken laptop keyboard or buying a specific uk keyboard?

The reason I ask is that the price diference on ebay is a bit different between the two and if possible I would like to buy the foreign keyboard, swap my keys the tell the comp that its a UK keyboard layout.

Any advice would be appriciated!

Thanks.

Comments

I don't know if the keys on the Arabic keyboard are in the same locations as the UK version, for example the Enter key on the US keyboard is smaller than the UK one so you couldn't just swap the keys in that case. If the keys are all in the same locations then you could swap the keys with a bit of time and patience.

You can specify any layout you want in the OS, it doesn't have to correspond with the keyboard's physical layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Agrigo

Thanks mate, aye the estonian one is the exact same layout looking at the pictures and I have the keys .. the difference is 3pound compaired to 13pound, just have to wait an extra few days for it to come.

After postage and all its about 10 euro cheaper and god knows I like keeping my money as much as possible ;)

Cheers!

Advertisement