Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange order to protest against Pope

Options
  • 24-03-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

These guys crack me up. A spokesman for the orange order in Norn Iron was just on the news, he is calling for all members in the UK to protest against the pope's visit there... on biblical grounds.

Now I have no problem protesting against any pope, wherever he is visiting, but the explanation the order spokesman gave had me laughing out loud. These have got to be, next to the Shinners, and possibly Coir,the most stuck-in-the-past, stubborn, brainless, completely-deluded bunch of believers on this island. Apparentlly there is no biblical justification for the existence of a head of a christian church, and so, despite all the sectarian implications for this in the North, where people have been maimed and killed over similar ideas, they are intent on protesting Benny's visit.

The reason I find it so laughable is that you have one bunch of deluded crackpots protesting the visit of the leader of another crowd of faith-enslaved believers because they are right and the 'Roman Catholics' are wrong. Of course Benedict has called the prods 'not a real church'. They are all so sure that they are right, so sure that they, and only they, are in possession of the Truth, and yet both so equally deluded. It's like a gang of square-earthers standing outside the Flat-Earth convention, protesting at what a ludicrous idea an earth without corners is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Both sides revealing the real purpose of theology in their contrived spat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

fisgon wrote: »
    you have one bunch of deluded crackpots protesting the visit of the leader of another crowd of faith-enslaved believers...

oooh .. controversial

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

fisgon wrote: »
    They are all so sure that they are right, so sure that they, and only they, are in possession of the Truth, and yet both so equally deluded.

Some might say arrogant...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Well they cant just say 'because hes on their side' so they may as well say that as any other lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Orange Order? Are those pathetic, KKK wannabe wastes of human organs still in existance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

strobe wrote: »
    Orange Order? Are those pathetic, KKK wannabe wastes of human organs still in existance?
    oooh .. controver ... wait a minute

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Dismantle both organisations, I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

strobe wrote: »

I believe the correct term is oxygen thieves

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Arcus Arrow

I hope they do protest the little git. If there was no papacy there probably would never have been an Orange Order. The papacy is the problem the Orange Order is the reaction (or over reaction as the case might be).

Before Herr Ratzinger gets to the UK does anyone know where I can get paper mache stature of Henry VIII made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

F***ing reactionary morons, just giving ammunition (pun?) to the RCC defenders.

Religion destroyed Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Shouldn't the Orange order have better things to do? Like debate which is better; Fanta or Club?

Advertisement