Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some "interesting" videos...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Voa wrote: »
    To be honest, well done to sprint for getting so far...but I'm not overly impressed*:pac:
    He dropped a couple of spark combos, and tried to do 2b-2c after CH sledge when 6A 2c does slightly better range (not sure about damage), and his AC followup...well, he didn't basketball. There's a reason basketball is awesome; it turns Tager's 2k combos into 3,5ks and 4k, with easy resets vs people who tech badly.
    He also kept trying to beat noel in the air. No. You sit on the ground if she takes to the air and backdash 720 or take the Guile position and be ready to fatal counter her air attacks with 2c 5c to AC to combo.
    He also didn't use magnets to their full effect, allowing Noel to bitch away any time she wanted.
    It could easily have been tourney nerves, sounded loud as hell in there.:pac:
    [/Tager-rant-mode]

Kudos to him for coming fourth, and proving that if the effer you're up against thinks he can showboat his Astral Finish off, you gonna make a comeback. No bones about it.

He doesn't own CS, or didn't at the time. I was talking to him afterwards and he was like "yeah I wish I had remembered the CS combos that someone had shown me".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

180x135_gameimg-1272292102.jpg
    THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING.

*Well, almost, since even CT Tager could do post Collider sparks, and the 6a 2c was ALWAYS safer than 2b 2c...though proration for Tager combos was a lot better in CT, so you felt the poor move proration a lot more. It's now at 30% for non command throws down from 80%...which is WHY the basketball combo is good; the proration on the AC is lower than the hit proration in extended combos.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Now now, I didn't call em Scrubs ;) I said they were scrubbing eachother up :pac:

On a more serious note I found little to no help AT ALL when my videos were stolen and the person in question re-uploaded them (from WCM to YouTube without any change in quality) and smattered the description full of dodgy gold-selling / keylogger links.

No idea what you can do about it, really :confused:

EDIT:
    You can flag the movie as stolen... The problem with that is that YouTube make it very clear YOU can be the one getting in trouble for doing so (account deleted) if the claim is untrue... And my immediate thought was at the time that I surely couldn't claim ownership of a movie I made that shows content of a game I obviously don't own - Technically mine belonged to Blizzard and the above would naturally be content belonging technically to Capcom. When I inquired about it, nobody could answer at all and at the end of the day I just left it alone rather than take the risk. Nobody on Boards really had much of a suggestion either as it's not all that common I suspect.

Even more worrying, the lads who did this and claim to be giving cheats and hints for SF4 have so little knowledge they labelled Vega as "singular" (which I put in the title as a joke about kneecap always getting labelled as kneecaps)

• Advertisement

You know...I was WONDERING why Tao was so high it the B tier.

Turns out her fatal counters are effin' sick. Who'da thunk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Now now, I didn't call em Scrubs ;) I said they were scrubbing eachother up :pac:

On a more serious note I found little to no help AT ALL when my videos were stolen and the person in question re-uploaded them (from WCM to YouTube without any change in quality) and smattered the description full of dodgy gold-selling / keylogger links.

No idea what you can do about it, really :confused:

EDIT:
    You can flag the movie as stolen... The problem with that is that YouTube make it very clear YOU can be the one getting in trouble for doing so (account deleted) if the claim is untrue... And my immediate thought was at the time that I surely couldn't claim ownership of a movie I made that shows content of a game I obviously don't own - Technically mine belonged to Blizzard and the above would naturally be content belonging technically to Capcom. When I inquired about it, nobody could answer at all and at the end of the day I just left it alone rather than take the risk. Nobody on Boards really had much of a suggestion either as it's not all that common I suspect.

Rope a while ago before youtube got high quality and stuff I edited a video together using footage I didn't own (and indeed took from youtube) and edited it to time it with music I didn't own either , I did however spend a lot of time editing the damn thing and precisely editing it to time it properly with the music.

Literally 24 hours after I uploaded the video, someone nicked it and uploaded it onto their channel. With advertisements and stuff. This type of account that spammed the video around different websites and so forth.

After 3 days his version had 1000 views and mine had about 70. I said fuck it and reported it. His whole account (which comprised of other videos ) was shut down within a day.

Since then its hit 80,000 views and had a 'tribute' video made for it, and I don't own a single thing in there. I just edited it. Report that stuff man.

This is the vid btw, made back when 320x240 was the higest youtube went:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Thats from BSG. By far my favourite tune from the show aswell. Could listen to that yoke every day and still not tire of it. :D Epic stuff.

I've had plenty of my vids muted and so forth only for them to become unmuted a few months later.

My prelude to war video there is down as containing copyright claimed content but is still allowed to play cause whoever it was just wanted to claim they owned footage but were fine with its use as long as I don't try and make money from it.

You over thinking it too much. Of course your vid in question not being originally on youtube might complicate things though, did you try messaging the guy? :P

What you say about blizzard themselves blocking a vid of yours has me a little worried though as I plan to make a machinma series out of Dues EX 3 when it comes out (try to turn the games story into a watchable series) This would involve using their cutscenes mixed with my gameplay hopefully filmed from a camera perspective (if I can get the engine to allow this) It'd be a lot of work and would suck if the people behind the game wanted it taken down.

@ kirby , cheers man. Yeah I love that track , always planned to edit something to it, initially was thinking bsg footage but I started to see a lot of badly edited videos put up with that track. I say badly because they did not edit the video to the music at all, and with such a powerful track you have to allow it to dictate the footage and not just be randomly played in the background with irrelevent footage overlayed on top. Almost made me feel ill watching 'em.

Also some BSG music goes well with street fighter :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

inb4 fake and gay, programmable pads etc

Insane charge partitioning and buffering. Vid must of taken ages to make, a lot of takes etc

It's a really cool mechanic actually. For those who do not know it's basically splitting up charge times either using visual/move aid or just in your head [which takes AGGES of practice]. Really practical in Urien and Remy game. You cannot overcharge a partition either or for some reason it wont come out, needs to be right amount of time. So you can really see how much effort went into it.

• Advertisement

Fake, gay and programmable pads.

I dont know anything about charge partioning, that a SF3 only thing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GorySnake wrote: »
    Fake, gay and programmable pads.

I dont know anything about charge partioning, that a SF3 only thing?

yup although dash ultras with charge characters are kinda not the same at all mechanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can you find me any good pages on charge partitioning?
    I play a lot of Alex/Remy, purely because GGPO nerds hate Remy :D

I'd rather not ask on SRK, bunch of elitist knobs most of them.

Ask SRK anyway, if they're assholes about it, just troll them with posts of "parrying is so GAI"

I dont know anything bout charge partioning myself obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Man I wish I could play Marvel.

Oh man...

...and I thought MY keepaway games in the DoC MvC2 was a bit mean...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can you find me any good pages on charge partitioning?
    I play a lot of Alex/Remy, purely because GGPO nerds hate Remy :D

I'd rather not ask on SRK, bunch of elitist knobs most of them.

SRK > search

Not being a dick, there is loads of threads about it. For the actual description and workings of partitioning you will find a lot in SRK but for practical uses, timing keys/cues and implementation is all down to practice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Well Balrogs almost entirely unchanged. All his current stuff combo's remain and he has got nothing new combo wise. No one use's his ultra 2. Got a few damage nerfs.

LP Headbutt does 30 less damage.
    MP Headbutt does 20 less damage.
    HP HEadbutt does 20 less damage.

Both throws do 10 less damage.

Ultra 1 does 28 less damage.

If your sticking with him you won't have to much to adapt too.

Orim wrote: »

That game is too hype for mere mortals. Seriously though, SooMighty trolled the hell out of Wong, cross under mid-infinite, 3 snapbacks on his last character lol.
    I know he's mostly unchanged - I meant in terms of having to learn how to fight new characters and adapt to everyone elses changes, like the Bison PC Crossup blocking and all the other 'little' things. It'd take some time, especially now that I've been plugging away with SF4 Vanilla for well over a year and will be late to the Super Party

No one plays the new characters anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Orim wrote: »
    The more high level MvC2 vids I see the less I want to play it.

That actually worsens the problem, not help it.

Even to this day, I still haven't had a lot of experience against good Blanka's, Gen's, Sakura's etc etc

When they eventually rear their rare head the fight can be a bloody nightmare at times.

There's a reason why no one plays characters like Gen or Sakura. They're not much to worry about.

Funnily enough, I play in casuals as both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Why Cobelcog should learn to option select ultra.....

Good Tsubaki up in the NorCal Install tourney, reppin' dat C tier.

Rare footage of Harada (Tekken director) actually playing:

And, for the ABSOLUTE highest-level play:
    Tekken God-rank players, Hao vs Knee.
    Loser gets demoted...

@ rope nice vids man,

hows sf4 on the pc doin these days anyway? Still no sign of super for pc :(

Is there still a strong player base or what?

Again, Ginseng, NorCal Tsubaki, bringin' the hurt.

Rep that C tier all day long.

Also Red, I take back what I was saying earlier; Tsubaki has a handful of knockdowns that let her charge 1 bar, most of which need to need to be counter hit or charged (that sideways sweep is a charge move)

• Advertisement

Advertisement