Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seventh Wonder

Options
  • 15-04-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

A progressive metal band from Sweden. All virtuosic musicians but the standout for me is their vocalist Tommy Karevik, who also sings in Kamelot. I find his voice quite captivating.

Only just discovered them and they're blowing me away. Anyone else a fan?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, I got Mercy Falls years ago and have been meaning to procure more of their stuff. It's a pretty solid concept album and when I heard that Tommy was replacing Roy Kahn in Kamelot I was very impressed as I knew he was a worthy replacement both technically and presence-wise

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Dark Artist

I've had The Great Escape on repeat for days and I tried out Mercy Falls last night. So much brilliance to take in at once, so will need to give it more listens, but overall it really impressed me. Their overall sound and vocal style ticks all the boxes for me. I really enjoy Karevik's vocal runs, his conviction and improvisations with the melodies. That's something that I feel is missing a lot in metal. It's refreshing to hear that type of soul-ish style in metal because it fits perfectly with the complexity of the prog instrumentation.

I'm also impressed at how different he sounds in this band compared to Kamelot. I discovered them through Spotify and immediately recognized him as the new Kamelot singer but the first song blew me away in terms of what he is actually capable of. In Kamelot he's definitely more reserved and sings more deeply, but of course they're a darker and heavier band.

Advertisement