Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike parking

• 14-04-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Where is the safest/best place to lock up my bike on campus these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

rob w wrote: »
    Where is the safest/best place to lock up my bike on campus these days?

Get yourself a very good lock ,and lock is somewhere solid , outside the sports center or near the Lincoln entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭rob w

Have a good Kryptonite lock, will park it there so, close to security hut I guess!

Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

papu wrote: »
    outside the sports center or near the Lincoln entrance
    I'd actually avoid both of those, sports center is notorious for having a lot of bike thefts, and anyone I know who got a bike stolen had it locked at Lincoln. Both are ideal spots to get in and out of campus quickly. The security hut at Lincoln can't actually see what's going on in the bike area, its often unmanned anyway.

Front square is the safest IMO, always lots of security and tour groups around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Front square, any of the security personnel on campus will echo this.

Sports centre is on a quieter end of campus, and has a lovely big pedestrian gate right next to it - making it a ripe spot for the bike lifting. Get nothing less than a kryptonite lock (the others are way too easy to pop open) and a cable for your wheels, and stick it in front square!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Also a cheap ****ty bike is ideal. A fancy 300/400 EUR bike is not the best thing to bring into the city. A cheap, but fine second hand one is best. A thief isnt going to go for the slightly rusted, no brand one, if there is an expensive bike beside it,

• Advertisement
Advertisement