Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-05-2012, 17:08   #1
mellowmeg

Deferring a semester in college.

I have to defer a semester in college for financial and personal reasons. I am studying a one year diploma,so this would be my final semester. I want to work and save this year so I can finance it next January. I am searching a job but nothing has come up yet. It is possible to sigh on until I get some work and while i have deferred a semester ? thanks
Advertisement
22-05-2012, 13:57   #2
little.midget

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowmeg View Post
I have to defer a semester in college for financial and personal reasons. I am studying a one year diploma,so this would be my final semester. I want to work and save this year so I can finance it next January. I am searching a job but nothing has come up yet. It is possible to sigh on until I get some work and while i have deferred a semester ? thanks
Hey, just wondering did you look into signing on? I'm in a similar situation........I'm going a one year full time masters, and need to defer but because of medical reasons, I've missed a lot of time this semester due to ill health. The head of school in college says its fine and I can do semester two next January if I write an official letter to him outlining this - and if I provide a letter from my gp to say I've been attending!

Anyways, sorry that's a bit long winded! I went to the "dole" office this morning to see could I sign on, the girl there says NO.........because I'm going back, but to get a letter from my head of school to say they have accepted my claim to defer, and they would review the situation then.

I don't know if thats any help to you, but that's what I was told!!
22-05-2012, 15:40   #3
mellowmeg

Thanks very much, I have a interview with social welfare tomorrow and i will ask whats possible. but from the things I've read,i don't think Ill be able to defer.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion