Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dawkins on More4

• 01-09-2010 8:29pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 194 ✭✭

Don't know if this has already been posted but Richard Dawkin's programme Enemies of Reason is on More4 at 9pm

Just in case people forgot :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I'm watching it right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

"We should be open minded, but not so open minded that our brain falls out" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Watched this just now.

I thought the woman who used the word "complementary" instead of alternative showed just how coy these people can be.

One question though would people be open to doctors prescribing placebos to help people with minor problems that would cure themselves where real medication may not be useful?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Is this available to watch online/download somewhere?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

axer wrote: »
    Is this available to watch online/download somewhere?
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-enemies-of-reason

I wonder if all the people who hate Dawkins so much because of his views on religion feel the same way about his views on the stuff that was in the program last night?

Chances are a lot of them probably agree with him about those things. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Is this the same enemies of reason that was out ages ago?

Yeah it's nothing new, unfortunately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,742 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That was the name of the show alright, probably the same (think the God Delusion ones were a repeat too).

Watched it last night, liked it, although was drifting off towards the end because it was far longer than I thought it was going to be :o Interesting docu though, typical Dawkins crusade against 'unreason' as such. Not really familiar with alternative medicine, was a bit surprised to find out what homeopathy was. Some very funny bits too, like the water dowsing experiment and the tarot card reader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dawkins: "Tarot cards are ridiculous and make believe."
    I Agree!
    Dawkins: "Homeopathy is nothing more than simple water. It has no medicinal value."
    Right on!
    Dawkins: "An omniscient super-being that created the universe and imparts his moral code on us? Ludicrous!"
    Ah now hold on there mate...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Dawkins: "Tarot cards are ridiculous and make believe."
    I Agree!
    Dawkins: "Homeopathy is nothing more than simple water. It has no medicinal value."
    Right on!
    Dawkins: "An omniscient super-being that created the universe and imparts his moral code on us? Ludicrous!"
    Ah now hold on there mate...

My thoughts exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

was a bit surprised to find out what homeopathy was.

Yeah, I was as well. I'd never heard a description of it, and wasn't particularly interested anyway. But I'd hazard a guess that it would also come as a shock to many who do actually use homeopathic "remedies".

Advertisement