Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All incoming calls are from "Unknown"

Options
  • 10-08-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Just rooted my One X and installed a custom rom, this one Link to be specific and now every phonecall i recieve is coming up as unknown, I've checked with a few people that have been called me and their phones are not on private number.

Is this a common issue when rooting a device?

Rom I have installed:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1601543

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not a common issue when you root a device...

Sounds to me maybe its the roms fault, did you try any other roms?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

the only thing i can think of is that your contacts didn't sync and you have no numbers in stored on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

Fieldog wrote: »
    Not a common issue when you root a device...

Sounds to me maybe its the roms fault, did you try any other roms?

No didn't try any other roms yet, will do it later effort of doing all the apps again though.
    nedd wrote: »
    the only thing i can think of is that your contacts didn't sync and you have no numbers in stored on the phone.

I sync'd my contacts over just fine even if they weren't there surely the number would come up and not just "Unknown".

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

Actually just looked at my call history, this only started happening when I sync'd my HTC sync manager a few days later after installing the ROM. My first few calls recieved before syncing my contacts showed the numbers fine but since yesterday (when I sync'd my contacts) it has started showing Unknown..........:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

username?! wrote: »
    Actually just looked at my call history, this only started happening when I sync'd my HTC sync manager a few days later after installing the ROM. My first few calls recieved before syncing my contacts showed the numbers fine but since yesterday (when I sync'd my contacts) it has started showing Unknown..........:confused:

Sounds to me like HTC hub is broken or doesn't work right if that's the case, its 90% related to the ROM I would say...

If your on a custom ROM and try to "phone home" to HTC and it sees its not running the right firmware I would assume "computer says no"

I had a similar issue on a HTC and they had to update the ROM and it fixed it....

• Advertisement
Advertisement