Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Album Art - How to set it

• 07-08-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

I know its only something very small but how do you set Album art in Android? Only some of my Album art shows up the rest is just blank, ive tried everything i can think of, is it something simple like renaming the Jpeg or something , it has me really :mad:

Im running a Galaxy Nexus on Jellybean with stock player if it matters

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Try albumart.jpg or folder.jpg

I think there are also apps that will embed the image in the mp3 metadata. There are definitely pc programs available anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭stevek93

Are the mp3s correctly tagged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

albumart.jpg in folder of album. NO CAPS. Linux do be very case sensitive. Took me ages to work out.

Example
    $ cd /sdcard/rihanna/loud
    $ ls
    X.mp3
    albumart.jpg

Same sort of problem have a few albums with each mp3 has there own album art but only show one random album art for the whole album :confused:

stevek93 wrote: »
    Same sort of problem have a few albums with each mp3 has there own album art but only show one random album art for the whole album :confused:

Well I find that depending on the player it can sometimes let albumart.jpg override metadata. What player are you using?

What I would suggest is to install Zune on your laptop (Zune.net). It's like a HWA, pretty, powerful windows media player and is really good for metadata. It can remove all meta, import it fresh from rovi and stuff and then will add covers, or you can add yourself. Take some time to make sure all of your music fits into the /artist/album/ style, even if you need various artists. Then just rename all the zunealbumarts.jpg to albumart.jpg. Takes a little bit of work in the beginning but is good in the long run. Better than a messy /download folder in google music!

• Advertisement

Dubhaltach wrote: »
    Well I find that depending on the player it can sometimes let albumart.jpg override metadata. What player are you using?

What I would suggest is to install Zune on your laptop (Zune.net). It's like a HWA, pretty, powerful windows media player and is really good for metadata. It can remove all meta, import it fresh from rovi and stuff and then will add covers, or you can add yourself. Take some time to make sure all of your music fits into the /artist/album/ style, even if you need various artists. Then just rename all the zunealbumarts.jpg to albumart.jpg. Takes a little bit of work in the beginning but is good in the long run. Better than a messy /download folder in google music!

Stock player. :P

Have done all that in Media Monkey thanks. The mp3s themselves are fine in Media Monkey its just when I go to play the on the phone its one art for the who album might try a different player on the phone.

Haven't a clue at this stage. All I know is that Ive had different results using the fast shortcuts whether it's a stock ics based, ie Play or Apollo (CM9) or stock gingerbread based (the ugly one) and even yet again on HTC and sammy. I do what I do and it works but then again, I always try to be very neat about my my downloads.. Kind of obsessive like that.

Same goes for me hating the amount of pointless folders sense puts on the sdcard, and why they have to use 100MEDIA instead of camera so in the stock ICS gallery2 it comes up separate from Instagram, and doesn't get the default high priority that camera doesm, instead filed under m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

projectgtr wrote: »
    I know its only something very small but how do you set Album art in Android? Only some of my Album art shows up the rest is just blank, ive tried everything i can think of, is it something simple like renaming the Jpeg or something , it has me really :mad:

Im running a Galaxy Nexus on Jellybean with stock player if it matters

Thanks in advance

Just to say, if you're on a Windows OS, I'd recommend Mp3tag for embedding artwork and managing tagging information, independent of any audio playing software. Quick and light on resources.

Free\Donate - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Haven't a clue at this stage. All I know is that Ive had different results using the fast shortcuts whether it's a stock ics based, ie Play or Apollo (CM9) or stock gingerbread based (the ugly one) and even yet again on HTC and sammy. I do what I do and it works but then again, I always try to be very neat about my my downloads.. Kind of obsessive like that.

Same goes for me hating the amount of pointless folders sense puts on the sdcard, and why they have to use 100MEDIA instead of camera so in the stock ICS gallery2 it comes up separate from Instagram, and doesn't get the default high priority that camera doesm, instead filed under m.

Ill install a few different players and post back the results later up to my eyes here should really get of boards. :p

Same myself with my downloads well i have to as Ive over 1tb worth of data on the desktop. :pac: You should try Media Monkey with the WMP11 theme for organizing your library.

Its like that with my Samsung as well not as much as when I had my Desire though. Can you not direct Instagram to use the 100MEDIA folder instead?

Thanks for the tip, I do spend enough time already "filing" manually so will be good to automate it a bit.

Nope, no IG redirects. app is very bare on settings as it is. I think not using the instagram advanced camera might work but then you get awkward compression issues. And HTC being HC I can't hange the folder there, hopefully I can when on the 2.05 rom. Either way it all ends with me doing a lot of copy and pasting everytime I get bored :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Thanks for the tip, I do spend enough time already "filing" manually so will be good to automate it a bit.

Nope, no IG redirects. app is very bare on settings as it is. I think not using the instagram advanced camera might work but then you get awkward compression issues. And HTC being HC I can't hange the folder there, hopefully I can when on the 2.05 rom. Either way it all ends with me doing a lot of copy and pasting everytime I get bored :rolleyes:

Are you rooted ?
    If yes try this.
    If not maybe upload them online rather than copying and pasting everywhere. Also handy as a backup tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

+1 for MP3 Tag, I always open an album of MP3s in it before copying to phone.

If you have an external drive for your music you can sync your music to that via Media Monkey keeps your library nice and tidy.

Not to sure about instagram as Ive never used it. If you are rooted it might be possible to change the 100MEDIA folder to camera quote me if I'm wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i came across this app and thought i would post it here.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.booleancorp&hl=en

it tags your songs in the same way as shazam does. it takes about 20-30 seconds per song so might not be ideal for a huge collection (unless you leave it running over night) but great for people like me who have loads of indiviual tracks rather than full albums (most mp3 tagging programs only seem to work if you have the full album)

Advertisement