Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is discharge?

Options
  • 07-04-2009 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

could somebody please explain what exactly is meant by discharge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Usually, in relation to the penis, this refers to a sudden and unexplained leakage of fluid from the penis. If you are having any unexplained discharge and don't know what it is then go to your GP.

I'm going to leave this thread open for a little while but don't want ANYONE attempting to diagnose or asking the OP, what colour or viscosity the discharge might be. The OP hasn't even said that he has any discharge. We really want to avoid giving any 'medical advice' here so please think before you post. Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Usually, in relation to the penis, this refers to a sudden and unexplained leakage of fluid from the penis.
    Thats it really as far as I know anyways.
    Best thing to do if you are having discharge is to go see your Gp. Might be something, could be nothing. Nobody on a forum is gonna be able to help ya out to be honest. Unless all ya wanted to know was what it meant, then your sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

discharge is just anything that comes out of anything. A hose discharges water, for example, it doesn't have to be sudden or unexplained (I know you said usually tho dude:) )

For example, if you have a spot, there can be discharge from that, or if you cut yourself, there can be discharge from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

tbh wrote: »
    discharge is just anything that comes out of anything. A hose discharges water, for example, it doesn't have to be sudden or unexplained (I know you said usually tho dude:) )

For example, if you have a spot, there can be discharge from that, or if you cut yourself, there can be discharge from that.

Exactly, I just took the forum name and the most common usage of that the term 'discharge' and applied it in context :) Good job on clarifying it though! My definition may have been too narrow ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I knew where you were coming from, but just to let the op know that sometimes it's expected, it's not always a bad thing - although if you use the word "weeping" to describe it, that's not good :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement