Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Prolactin-anyone had experience?

Options
  • 12-08-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey everyone!
    just looking to see has anyone else had this problem?i'm an otherwise healthy 28 year old male.went to my doctor cos my sex drive was at zero and also was having problems maintaining an erection.so my prolactin comes back high-around 400 i think and it should be about 15.so i went to an endocrinologist and he sent me for an mri of my pituitary gland.came back as clear.so i went back to my gp and he is none the wiser.so i'm trying to find out of any treatment i may haave.my girlfriend is fairly understanding but this is going on 4 months now and i'm afraid she'll get fed up with the zero sex and leave me!!!any advice?thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

No one here can give you medical advice - but I'll leave the thread open in case people here have had similar experiences.

What advice is your GP giving you since the MRI ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robs

ask your GP about paradol

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

could it be anything to do with you not fancying your Girlfriend?

Just a thought.Happened a buddy of mine,he was always going on about how his life between the sheet was dead and how he didnt have the impetus to jump his girlfriend or even maje a move.He put i down to losing his sex drive.

anyway He broke up months later ,not due to sex,another reason .Hes with a new girl now and apparently things are great in bedroom now,maybe youve fallen into a routine with her?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 robs

Paradol is used to treat over active pitutary glands which is a comon cause of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

robs I appreciate the responsible way you're giving out the information, but that's as close as I'd like to get to medical advice. Suggestion noted, let's say :)

thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement