Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are expensive tweezers worth it?

• 12-04-2007 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

I'm a lad and I've gotta pluck between my eyebrows to avoid the horrible monobrow that would otherwise grow there.

I often get hairs which I can't pull out though. They are usually thicker than the others and really short, so they look like a little black dot almost. I haven't shaved up there that isn't the cause of it. Seeing as they are visible, logic tells me that I SHOULD be able to get a hold of them and pluck them out, but I just can't. My tweezers seem to just claw around on top of them and can't grab hold of anything.

I'm wondering if ditching the 5 year old random boots set of tweezers I found in my mothers drawer and investing in an expensive quality pair like Tweezerman or Rubis would help me get rid of these stubborn little fellas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Of COurSE A goOD TwEEzeERS wILL bE WorTH IT. sURe yOU HAve gOt aWAY With THe fREE oNe fOr aGEs sO IT'S noT tHAT eXPeNSIVe OF a bUY. FaCT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

deffo tweezerman is a must

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

FX Meister wrote:
    Of COurSE A goOD TwEEzeERS wILL bE WorTH IT. sURe yOU HAve gOt aWAY With THe fREE oNe fOr aGEs sO IT'S noT tHAT eXPeNSIVe OF a bUY. FaCT

FX is already banned.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

FX is already banned. FACT

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Well a tenner is about the max you'll pay.
    I use a 'Manicare' one that I picked up in a chemist. I find it really great.
    You don't want them too sharp (as some tweezerman ones can be) or else you only 'chop' the hairs are you are trying to tweeze them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

The Tweezerman ergonomic ones are good, they have a wider bit to hold and aren't as fiddly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ninabissett

i got a random pair of tweezers from h and m in the beauty/skincare kind of section. i love them. cost me like 2yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I find it easiest to get a grip on really short hairs straight after I've gotten out of the shower.

Advertisement