Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents reaction to son coming out

Options
  • 28-08-2014 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

So yeah this happened. Video has explicit material so just be a bit wary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Saw it earlier. Shocking to say the least.

Let them burn in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Jaysus, some of the comments under that video are disgraceful.

Re the video itself, it's really disturbing, I cannot comprehend that behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

This is how people react behind closed doors. Not surprised in the least. For all the positivity in the media over the past short while, there is still a world of hate out there that cares more about the Joneses than their gay relatives.

This is why people kill themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Wow that is shocking, good god fearing, church going folk I'm sure but that is how they treat their own son. How could you just disown your child? Any update on how the young man is?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,468 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

That poor kid. I hope he's got a good network of friends he can count on.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Parts of America are so far backward. Least they still have "God"

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

So there you have it, so called "good Christians" speaking to their child like that.

Disowning him,calling him queer, and a piece of ****,truly shocking.

I bet they went to church on sunday as "good" Christians.

Unfortunately, these people (American southerners) give Christianity a bad name.

In case anyone is reading this thread or views the above video and is trying to come to terms with their sexuality,99.9% of parents do not react like this,they will love and support you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Read on Pinknews he has moved in with his boyfriend and someone setup a paypal to donate money for him to get set up. $19,000 dollhairs last i looked.

Really sad story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

This reaction is what we all fear as the worst case scenario when we come out. It's what keeps us up at night and shaking when we tell. Please don't lose hope, anyone in the closet. Ireland is a very different place to bible belt America.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Poor guy. He's better off without them in the long run but right now I'd imagine he's feeling so isolated and dejected even if he is staying with his friends or partner.

Religious hypocrisy 1
    Human decency 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I hope this video allows people who do hold homophobic views to confront them views and change.

For teenagers about to tell their family they are gay, this may not be the best video to watch. But these people are the extreme of the extreme.

Hopefully someone will post a video of good reaction from family members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I hope this video allows people who do hold homophobic views to confront them views and change.

For teenagers about to tell their family they are gay, this may not be the best video to watch. But these people are the extreme of the extreme.

Hopefully someone will post a video of good reaction from family members.

I'm so so glad I didn't see this before I came out... I'm absolutely horrified :mad:

Advertisement