Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Education Allowance for PhD

Options
  • 14-06-2015 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am planning to start this year my PhD. I have already applied for student finance grant. I am on JSA for past 6 months. will I be able to get student grant and BTEA?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

IEBoarder wrote: »
    I am planning to start this year my PhD. I have already applied for student finance grant. I am on JSA for past 6 months. will I be able to get student grant and BTEA?

Citizens Information Website
    Postgraduate courses
    Only postgraduate courses in Ireland are eligible for the BTEA scheme. You can get the Back to Education Allowance for a postgraduate course of study that leads to a Higher Diploma (H.Dip.) qualification in any discipline or a Professional Masters in Education.
    Other types of postgraduate qualifications are not recognised for BTEA. The only exception to this is where a college has admitted a person without a diploma or primary degree to a Master’s course on the basis of relevant life experience - in these cases the person may be entitled to BTEA.
    You will not get BTEA if you already have a postgraduate qualification.

There is also a qualifying period of signing on for JSA before you qualify for BTEA

To qualify for the grant from SUSI, you must meet the qualifying criteria.
    This depends on your household reckonable income, your age and whether you already have been classes at a point of entry or re-entry to higher education or if you can be reclassed.

Advertisement