Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special rate

Options
  • 28-06-2015 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi, I live with my father, he has recently been given the invalidity pension. That's the only income into our house. Would this meet the requirements to get the special rate of grant this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mamamia51

I think that payment is under the criteria for the special rate. Go to susi.ie and then to link for special rate. It lists all eligible sw payments etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

bri007 wrote: »
    Hi, I live with my father, he has recently been given the invalidity pension. That's the only income into our house. Would this meet the requirements to get the special rate of grant this year?

As long as the reckonable income of the household is under €22703 for 2014 and you meet all the other criteria, you may qualify for special rate with your father in receipt of the invalidity pension.

Technically, your father would have had to have been in receipt of the pension on the 31 December 2014 to meet the qualifying criteria, but you can request a change of circumstances and this years reckonable income is taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for the replies. My dad only got the invalidity pension this year. His earnings last year for 2014 would be around 25-28k so he would be over the limit. Only way then would be for a change in circumstances!

Thanks again :)

Advertisement