Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out in regards to Grant

Options
  • 18-06-2015 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

So I dropped out of college in my first year in March of 2014. I was receiving a full Susi payment (€650 a month).

I was 19 at the time and just wondering how that will affect my chaces of getting another grant for my first year of another course? I dont intend on going back to college until 2016/17 academic year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

TheStook wrote: »
    So I dropped out of college in my first year in March of 2014. I was receiving a full Susi payment (€650 a month).

I was 19 at the time and just wondering how that will affect my chaces of getting another grant for my first year of another course? I dont intend on going back to college until 2016/17 academic year.

You won't recieve any susi grant, fees or maintanence for your first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

TheStook wrote: »

You will not be eligible for any fees for your first year and if eligible you will receive the remaining maintenance payments from March onwards.

You must have a break of 5 years from your studies to be eligible for a full grant for first year again. This includes any study that leads to a major award on the NFQ, including some apprenticeships.

Advertisement