Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Where to sell Homemade Designs?

Options
  • 05-06-2015 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi
    I'm just trying to find out where is the best place to sell home made designs.
    I've started creating outdoor furniture from recycled material and just trying to find a place to sell it. I know there is a lot of online markets like etsy. However my items are relatively big like a barbecue and table and the problem is shipping them overseas is a huge headache.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any experience in this and could shine a light. I was thinking about markets as well however 1 finding one that sells furniture is hard and 2 i would believe markets is for small items that people can just pick up and carry around with them.

However i don't know for sure any insight would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Starting out, I think you may have to deliver yourself, it's the most economical way.

Later you could deliver once a fortnight etc and get a person to fulfill this.

Having a display on a main road can help this type of business. Also offer your furniture on loan to festivals etc.

Send photos of your work to magazines.
    As orders come on you can expand to a website etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

You can do a website relatively cheaply using Wordpress, just make sure you chose a theme (aka template) which supports woo-commerce and install the jet pack add-on.

Domain name and basic hosting from godaddy works out at about €30/year. Wordpress is free, and you can use its tools to market yourself.

I'm not a web developer or anything like that, but I've helped a few friends who do crafty businesses (wedding decor, kids stuff) set them up, and it's literally like filling in a form - if you can send an email or upload photos to Facebook, you can do this. One of the options is 'delivery options', so you can state Ireland sales only. And don't forget, parcel motel can deliver to the UK if you want to expand

Advertisement