Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doubting my decisions on a fella - I really shouldnt haha

Options
  • 01-08-2014 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Okay, lets see where to start haha...

I have a friend whom I know from college days across the water -he is gay, I am bi. We are both from the North. Needless to say, I have a bit of a history of liking him.

His response has varied from "I don't like you that way" to "You were on my list at one point".

As it stands now, our courses are finished, and he is back North, and I am "In the freestate".

I have decided to let things go, although as a human I still get twinges. Recently though, I have been doubting my ability to hold to the decision. My friend has insisted on telling me about all the "victories/fellas" he has had lately including the.... details.

I doubt myself because I find myself having made one or two sharp comments when he brings his latest fellas up recently...

Any advice on how I get my head straightened out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not sure what advice to give you to be honest - only you can make such decisions, and I'm not trying to be dismissive by that. I just thought distance might be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

If he knows you have a crush on him you could tell him you'd rather not hear about his conquests as that is a bit insensitive. He's every right to pursue them but that doesn't mean he needs to tell you all about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kalmanon2

Thats the crux all right - I definitely have no right to comment on people he goes with, but the graphic detail he gives is... not the most comfortable for me admittedly. Hence my tendency to wind up making sharp comments when it gets too much lol.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Rather than sharp comments just go "spare me the details" etc as needed being a little bit more forceful as time goes on. After all, you how things happen..you don't need the intimate play by play. As a grown up, I'd imagine you know it all works. Eventually he'll get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

OP are you out and having any romantic encounters of your own?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 kalmanon2

flogg, I am out, but am doing an honours degree in a regional IT College, as such romance of any sort is just not on the books - I am more concerned with getting the course finished and a job than anything else haha

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

kalmanon2 wrote: »
    flogg, I am out, but am doing an honours degree in a regional IT College, as such romance of any sort is just not on the books - I am more concerned with getting the course finished and a job than anything else haha

Well if you're going to put love/romance on the backburner you can't get uppity if someone is maybe wanting to talk to someone about theirs. I've been single for an injust amount of time xD And sometimes I confuse my friend's "bragging" about their other halves as just a reaction to not much happening in mine. But that's just me.

Maybe it is a bit OTT but at the same time a simple "I don't really think I should know this" and you're sorted.

Advertisement