Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture upholstery repair

Options
  • 28-07-2014 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend an upholstery repair place in/around Ennis? Specifically dining room chairs that need to be recovered. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

I used a place in the small industrial estate at Drumbiggle/Orchard Lane. They did an excellent job. It was a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TI-MAX

Hey is there anyone around limerick that could do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Pat Greene in Centrepoint in Ennis is excellent.

Thanks, I couldn't remember the name but he did a fantastic job on dining room chairs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Kilnababe wrote: »
    Thanks, I couldn't remember the name but he did a fantastic job on dining room chairs for me.

roughly how much per chair would you recall?

• Advertisement

I think (not 100% sure) around €20 per chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anonymous12

Many thanks to all who replied. Will track down the chap near Mulqueen. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paws567

Hi, I know that this is an old message, but can you tell me if you used Pat to reupholster your dining chairs and if he was good? would you also be able to share how much he charged?

Yes I used the place at Centrepoint, he was really excellent. On cost it's a long time ago but I think approx €20 per chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anonymous12

He was excellent. €60 a chair but that was for full cover back and seat.
    Kilnababe wrote: »
    Yes I used the place at Centrepoint, he was really excellent. On cost it's a long time ago but I think approx €20 per chair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 paws567

thank you both so much! Will give him a shout at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭havetoquit

Hi, I have a very solid 3,2, 1 Chesterfield in buttoned leather, which over the years has become shabby, with damage mainly around buttoned areas. However, the solid frames and legs are in perfect order.

Does anyone know what the approximate cost of recovering in a different fabric would be? The covering required would be plain and without buttoning on seat and back.

Were the frames and legs if this suite not in such perfect condition, I would not consider this option, but I can no longer afford to buy a similar one and honestly feel that other more modern brands, would still not stand the test of time that this suite has.
    If anyone can offer advice on cost, I would be most grateful.

Advertisement