Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Komplett or Dabs?

Options
  • 01-06-2014 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all, I am not too sure if this is the right place to post this question so apologies in advance but here goes.

I am only planning to order an WD Cavier Black HDD but I am not too sure which site I should buy from, Komplett or dabs? Their price are pretty much similar so it is down to their services.

I've never used either sites before but I heard stories of Komplett with their bad services and their buggy system and customer's order getting lost or taking too long.

I am not too sure about dabs though.

So if anyone can give their own experience and recommend which one I should go for that would be great :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

Haven't tried Komplett and had no issue with ordering a HDD from Dabs. I've also used http://hardwareversand.de/ and found them very reliable and slightly cheaper than either of the other two mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Cheers for the reply. I've used hardwareversand before when I was build my first pc a few years. They are really good but I don't want to spend €19 on delivery for one hard drive and do bank transfer.

I've also heard of ebuyer.co.uk anyone have any experience with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

Not sure if ebuyer deliver to ROI. For single items I nearly always use amazon.co.uk. They are usually cheaper than every where else for single items. If the item over 25 pounds it's free deliver to Ireland .....make sure to purchase through amazon and not one of the amazon merchant sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rother

Komplett used to be great, but for a few years now they have been less than competitive

Amazon seems really good almost €20 cheaper than buying from dabs. The only thing that is bothering me was from reading the reviews on Amazon and a bit googling. It seems to me most people received their hard drive in a poorly packaged box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'd go with Amazon, personally. Their warranty support is much better than Dabs or Komplett.

Also, FYI, HWVS delivery is only around €12-13 or something now.

Thanks for letting me know about the delivery charge on HWVS. I checked on their website and it is 7.99.

Have anyone ordered hard drives from Amazon before? What are their packaging generally like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Was fine the last time I ordered one (about three months ago). Cardboard box, soft foam, anti-static bag. First drive was DOA, got a second one inside a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Komplett or Dabs?

Did a complete build with komplett back in 2008 and had no problems at all. I've only ordered a component here and there with Dabs and again, no problems. The last build I did was with hardwareversande and it will be the last time I'll go that route again. I Bought a new Z97 Motherbaord from Pixmania.ie last week and as usual their service was spot on. I've also bought 2 widescreens from them in 2012 & 13 and again their were no issues. So OP, Pixmania.ie might be worth checking out because the MB I picked up last week. Was €41 cheaper than the cheapest price on Amazon.
    http://www.pixmania.ie/computing/component-103-m.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Either Dabs or Komplett ....... it really doesn't matter much.

I have used both for some years, and have had more trouble with Dabs than Komplett.

I expect to have trouble with all suppliers at some point or other.

The last black WD 3TB drives I ordered were from Koplett .... the order was ever so slightly cheaper (delivered) than Dabs.

All goods received in good condition.

I had trouble with the carrier .... they did not attempt delivery because apparently my house was not on some database or other, which caused a bit of a delay.

If possible I will in future ensure I include a phone number in my address so the carrier can call for 'directions'.

• Advertisement

Just ordered from Pixmania cost about €83.40 with UPS 3-5 days delivery. Was bit on the fence for the 3 year warranty but ended up not getting it. Since I am planning to build a new PC from scratch in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

great thing about amazon is the returns - pretty much no questions asked. So if you order from them, hang onto all the packaging, and put the harddrive through a lot of tests. If its not up to scratch, send it back

Just checked my order on their Pixmania's website but it disappeared???

It just said:

"ALL MY ORDERS
    First time shopping with us? Let's go!
    Start shopping"

It was still there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Just for anyone wondering this in future I have to say stay well away from Dabs. Great website and prices but thats where it ends. Horrendous customer service and when stuff goes missing they ignore your emails leaving you to phone a UK number only to be given the run around that way too. The stuff I did receive was partly wrong, cheaper processor than the one I ordered and paid for and they sent the processor, ram sticks and cpu cooler to me in their retail packaging yet wrapped only in a grey plastic bag, no box or foam to prevent damage. I now have the wrong processor and no motherboard so I can't put my build together to see if everything else works. Contacting my card company looking for a refund.

I wish I found these reviews before I ordered.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.dabs.ie

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews847.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

superg wrote: »
    Just for anyone wondering this in future I have to say stay well away from Dabs. Great website and prices but thats where it ends. Horrendous customer service and when stuff goes missing they ignore your emails leaving you to phone a UK number only to be given the run around that way too. The stuff I did receive was partly wrong, cheaper processor than the one I ordered and paid for and they sent the processor, ram sticks and cpu cooler to me in their retail packaging yet wrapped only in a grey plastic bag, no box or foam to prevent damage. I now have the wrong processor and no motherboard so I can't put my build together to see if everything else works. Contacting my card company looking for a refund.

I wish I found these reviews before I ordered.

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.dabs.ie

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews847.html
    I had do an RMA with Dabs and found the customer service to be excellent.

Suppose its a risk with any company. Reckoned it might be a one off with me and I just got unlucky but the reviews I found suggest otherwise. I won't be risking it with them again. Can't even get a reply from them via email and get fobbed off on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Amazon seems really good almost €20 cheaper than buying from dabs. The only thing that is bothering me was from reading the reviews on Amazon and a bit googling. It seems to me most people received their hard drive in a poorly packaged box.

I ordered hdd on Amazon twice now and both came in very well packed. In 4 times bigger box and filled with softening material. I got last hdd maybe 2 months ago too. Cant complain.

I used Komplett before and I cant complain really. Stuff comes in from Netherlands though.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Memoryc.ie is good, if they have what you want. Quick turn around time in processing your order.

NB: I'm not associated with memoryc.ie - just a satisfied repeat customer.

zbluebirdz wrote: »
    Memoryc.ie is good, if they have what you want. Quick turn around time in processing your order.

NB: I'm not associated with memoryc.ie - just a satisfied repeat customer.

No Mobo's!

Seems a strange omission. looks good otherwise.

Recent experience with Dabs not good :(

Ordered one item showing 50 in stock ...... when I checked on order some days later I discovered that they had no stock and had 50 on order from their supplier!

I cancelled it and ordered another product.
    This was received but had obviously been opened and used!!!

Got an RMA quickly, and arranged for pickup by Dabs ..... courier never turned up!

I had ordered a third item and that was received in good condition prior to the arranged pick up.
    Apparently they could not facilitate pick up and delivery at the same time!

So now I am left with two products ..... one repackaged for return and the other in use.

I will not receive a refund until 7 days AFTER they have received the returned item.

Not happy with them now!

• Advertisement

Recent experience with Dabs not good :(

Ordered one item showing 50 in stock ...... when I checked on order some days later I discovered that they had no stock and had 50 on order from their supplier!

I cancelled it and ordered another product.
    This was received but had obviously been opened and used!!!

Got an RMA quickly, and arranged for pickup by Dabs ..... courier never turned up!

I had ordered a third item and that was received in good condition prior to the arranged pick up.
    Apparently they could not facilitate pick up and delivery at the same time!

So now I am left with two products ..... one repackaged for return and the other in use.

I will not receive a refund until 7 days AFTER they have received the returned item.

Not happy with them now!

Pretty familiar story to the reviews I read this morning, I've had some of that too, my order took ages to ship despite being in stock. The one that's gone missing is coming direct from their supplier. I've took a punt and made an educated guess at their CEO's email address and sent her a complaint, it hasn't bounced back so must be valid. It's worked for me before with rubbish service from companies so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

I would avoid both of em. Had some bad experiences with them.
    First choice would be amazon.co.uk or scan.co.uk amazon customer service is amazing they would take back your stuff without any questions asked.

Yeah I ordered loads from Amazon over the years and never had an issue. Ordered the case and psu for my current build from Scan and it was delivered two day later before they even told me they sent it! Great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭satguy

I would not use dabs, I bought a case from a few months ago, and it arrived all smashed up, but the box on the outside was fine.
    Had to call a UK number to sort things out, they said they would send a new one out, but after some weeks there was no sign of my case.
    In the end, i did get a refund, but would never buy from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

I'd like to 2nd http://www.memoryc.ie/

Not the cheapest but free delivery and it's also very fast.

Would recommend them highly

The dabs CEO got back to me this morning so I'm expecting movement on my problems today.

Dabs very apologetic after their CEO got involved. Got my money back for the mobo and the price difference for the cpu I was sent compared to the one I ordered plus a €45 quid voucher. Happy days. I'll use them again to spend exactly €45 and see how that goes!

superg wrote: »
    Dabs very apologetic after their CEO got involved. Got my money back for the mobo and the price difference for the cpu I was sent compared to the one I ordered plus a €45 quid voucher. Happy days. I'll use them again to spend exactly €45 and see how that goes!

Nice one :D

They are still rubbish! Placed an order yesterday evening, 3 items in stock. It's still "processing" tonight. Placed an order with Scan on Monday at 18.45 and it shipped at 13.10 on Tuesday! Proper service. Goodbye for good Dabs.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭jamesk014

Hi all, I am not too sure if this is the right place to post this question so apologies in advance but here goes.

I am only planning to order an WD Cavier Black HDD but I am not too sure which site I should buy from, Komplett or dabs? Their price are pretty much similar so it is down to their services.

I've never used either sites before but I heard stories of Komplett with their bad services and their buggy system and customer's order getting lost or taking too long.

I am not too sure about dabs though.

So if anyone can give their own experience and recommend which one I should go for that would be great :)

Thanks.

Honestly man I baught a cpu from dabs.. arrived cursed box in a bag cpu loose in the bag and fan support was broken and heat sink bent. Went to look into returning it and the site has no contact other than automated emails which emailed me back a load of jargon numbers and info nothing about a returning it. So I just kept it it worked but just a horrible experience not being able to contact them :/ just my experience

Advertisement