Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts on Dublin Comic Con?

• 11-08-2013 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to know what if anyone else went and what they thought?

I was only at the Saturday show. I brought my 11 year old nephew with me. He was more excited then I was for it. He like's dressing up, I'm not really into that.
    I did have trouble finding the place which is my fault, I had bought my tickets online and glad I did.

A lot people were waiting outside for tickets for when we arrived. Think there were all sold out at this stage. I seen a bit of negative feedback about this online. But there only so much room inside and you don't want it to be packed in there.

Inside I thought everything was laid out well and toilets easy to find (Important for me.) There were loads of people dress up which my Nephew enjoyed. I think the cosplay competition at the end would had gone better if the MC had a microphone.

My nephew really wanted to do the "Injustice" video game competition. The guy running it was very nice as we missed our name being called out but let us do it anyway later on. The wrestling was great for my nephew along with the zombie chase game they had. It help make the day last longer.

For me I would had liked more traders. Sub-city was there, but find there books bit over priced. There was a large back issue table but I more into trades. I did pick up Fear Agent Omi-Bus edition for 50 euro. It's 40 euro online so thought was a good price. The retro game section was nice along with the picture op's with the Tarids & Walking dead zombie. Didn't go near Aliens stage set as me and my nephew scared of them, but heard it broke down after few hours.

My nephew really enjoyed it, I got the sense that they were overwhelmed by amount of people that showed up. There was only one Food van for all those people. Glad no Alcohol was on sale and hope next year it's bigger. What did everyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Bistoman

I was there Yesterday also, With My 10 year old son, But I think I was far more excited than He was :P
    We had no tickets so We arrived just before 10 and had to join a Queue to get In but after about 35 mints it was fine ( We got inside long before people who had tickets because the late ticket line was shorter :) ) I was a little disappointed that there was no layout map or a list of what time things ware going to happen and None of the Volunteers could help Me out, There was a timetable stuck to a table on one side But I had to find "That" Myself.
    The costumes ware great, From the Organisers, and the Visitors. Fair play to those Young people with fun in there hearts, It added to a great day. The stands ware Quite good overall, But I would have liked to see FP and the Drundrum Stores take part, It was noticed that they ware Missing. I have to disagree with You that "Sub City" was Overpriced, Most of the prices ware the store prices and I seen Him offer to sell a "Walking Dead" Issue No 3 priced at €195 at €100, A huge bargain if You have that sort of money.
    The Wax Museum ware the best prices for back issues, everything was €2 or less on the whole.
    The two guys on the "Big Bastard" stall ware very funny in trying to get you to look at the prequel they ware flogging, they gave Me a laugh so I gave them the 50 cent they ware looking for, I hope they do well in the future. The signing end was good, some I knew and some I didint, But it was easy to see that Charlie Adlard was the Hit of the Show, He chatted and signed and Drew sketches for anyone who asked, Nice Guy. I was there for Will Simpson, He signed some old 2000 Ad's for Me and gave me a sketch of Tyrion Lannister, That Made My day. "The Mountain" from Game of Thrones has to be the Tallest man I have ever seen in real life, But €15 for a singed photo was a bit stiff ( I wasn't going to tell Him that though)
    The Aliens set looked Good, But broke down when I was in the queue, so I didn't get to see the full effect, Next Time :)
    The Zombie V Survivors Game going on Outside was great, My son had the time of His life shooting Zombies ( Strange looks from His mother when We got home ) But it was Fun, I think that was Organised by "Dublin City Comics & Collectables" So fair play to them Lads ans Lasses they made a good day even better.
    I think with a little tweaking and slightly better organisation it could be a real good event on the Comics Calender. I hope they do the same again next Year My son for one cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 toallthose

I was just saying more about sub-city trade-paper back prices. I don't really know about single/back issues. I just find almost 30 euro a bit much for a common enough trade paper back.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

I had a great time. Some video highlights here for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYLKi3G0sdA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Likewise I was there tickets bought online.
    It was a good day out and Id go again next year!

Ive chucked up some pics online:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/69457536@N03/sets/72157635047937466/
    (Please don't use without my consent and credit.) thanks.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭MeTV

Dublin City Comic Con?! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭cartom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4c-SQm_JvU

Some clips from Dublin Comic Con by On the Reel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

We were there. Loved every minute of it. Although I didnt get around absolutely everything :pac:

Highlight was the Predator stuff. Exceptionally cool looking.

From our perspective it was very well organised inside, regards setting up/tearing down etc

Cant wait for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Froggy7

Hi all, My son & Daughter were very much looking forward to go to Dublin Comic Con this Saturday. Unfortunately, I missed the boat and it is now sold out. Would anyone be willing to sell me their tickets or swap for Sunday tickets instead? I'd be very grateful. In total, I'd be looking for 3 to 5 tickets. Any suggestions welcome. =)

Advertisement