Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with IOL.IE Mail Servers

Options
  • 15-07-2014 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having problems with IOL.IE Mail Servers ?

I can not receive any since early this morning .

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

I'm having problems too... Last mail was 12:33 today. Tried sending to it but getting

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.
    The following organization rejected your message: hub.mail.esat.net.

xxx.xxxx@iol.ie
    hub.mail.esat.net #<hub.mail.esat.net #5.0.0 smtp; 550 unrouteable address> #SMTP#

Looks like they're down alright. Tried to e-mail my old IOL address and it bounced back.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WellnessCoach

I've had problems twice in the last few days ..... Fails to receive for a few hours & then apparently all those emails lost .... Then restarts but doesn't find old stuff?!

Anyone know if this provider is on it's way out??? I believe it was part of BT but not sure now???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

Im surprised its still going, I have 2 x email address @iol.ie

I have given up checking them, gmail / hotamil is the way to go these days, decent webmail interface

• Advertisement

I moved away from my IOL address last year. It's pretty much a legacy service so I wouldn't want to rely on it anymore.

Advertisement