Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is a good shop to buy a house phone ?

Options
  • 30-08-2014 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm in Cork and I need to buy a house phone with answering machine that can be put onto silent ... for my home office. When i am in a session with clients I can't be disturbed so i need to turn on answering machine and silence the phone.

Is there a shop where the sales people know about the phone features? Where they have phones on display and you can try them out?

I've been advised to go to Argos but you can't find out much about the phones there, the salespeople don't know about the phones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

The only other shop you could try is Curry's. But don't count on the salespeople knowing about the phones! There's another electrical shop in one of the side streets in town, that does sell phones and might let you try them. He doesn't have much choice and is pretty expensive. But I can't remember the name of the shop.

Why don't you try Amazon? You could read the reviews and make up your mind from there.

Another alternative might be to have the phone divert to your mobile and put that phone on silent.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could try these guys: http://www.conversationpiece.ie/

They used to be in the city centre, but I guess they've moved out as business slowed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I'd try harvey norman. They might have house phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

argos

Advertisement