Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is bro step?

• 01-11-2011 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Can someone please enlighten me?

Was reading back over that deadly b thread in the clubbing section and i still dont really get it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

In about 2008 or so, guys like Rusko and Caspa started started making heavier dubstep. After them, America discovered dubstep, and guys like Datsik started making even heavier dubstep, because the bros at college parties wanted obnoxious music to dance to.

Dubstep made by and for bros. Brostep. "Aw bro that tune is so filthy it's like an episode of that cleaning show with those two aul ones who still think they're 24."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

It's a derogatory term for really really rubbish Dubstep with huge chainsaw midranges, obnoxious screechy / squealing noises (that appeal to Mephedrone users) very little actual sub bass and huge big 200hz Pendulum style snares.

Example:

It's used to refer to pretty much any commercial Dubstep, and pretty much anything "filthy" that gets 500.000 hits on youtube as soon as UKF upload it.

Also used to refer to US Dubstep (although there's plenty of proper excellent Yank Dubstep producers out there - DJ G, Jus Wan etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

So its basically the nu-metal of electronic music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

SteveDon wrote: »

It's the dubstep equivalent of the term "Beatport Techno". Instead of white noise, it has distorted midrange basslines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

SteveDon wrote: »

Hmmmm....

More like the really ****e Emo band stuff... Skrillex was big in the Emo scene before he started knocking out the stuff he's at these days.

skrillex-sips-iced-coffee.jpg

The last time the Yanks / Kiwis ruined a genre of dance music was when they turned American DnB into the electronic equivalent of Nu Metal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Skrillex was big in the Emo scene

I'd be Emo as well if i woke up with his hair cut.

Or face.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Fck sake he looks like a right wnker that skillrex dude - at least his face matches the shte he puts out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

I wonder how many of the "Dubstep kids" (Teenage retards who think Nero and Skrillex are the be all and end all of Dubstep) would like him after finding out his previous music career?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

It's filthy. Just so dirty, you know?
    It's very fecal, soily and slovenly.

Very mucky altogether. Not at all clean. And other adjectives that upset your mommy.

Obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Now thats filthy!!! looks like a dirty unkempt unwashed greasy spot popping hormone imbalanced testosterone fuelled little twat ! ........wtf,are the kids today deaf?

S'pose they were right all along .....

'remix'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Palm Tree in the background looks like it's part of his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

It's a derogatory term for really really rubbish Dubstep with huge chainsaw midranges, obnoxious screechy / squealing noises (that appeal to Mephedrone users) very little actual sub bass and huge big 200hz Pendulum style snares.

Example:

It's used to refer to pretty much any commercial Dubstep, and pretty much anything "filthy" that gets 500.000 hits on youtube as soon as UKF upload it.

Also used to refer to US Dubstep (although there's plenty of proper excellent Yank Dubstep producers out there - DJ G, Jus Wan etc)

This is literally the first genuinely dire dubstep I have heard. I've been listening to dubstep for three years and this is irredeemable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Phrased coined by US DJ Kozee around 09 I think. Reference to the younger males coming to clubs and moshing to noisy midrange ****e.

Advertisement