Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Late Late Show host:Paddypower taking bets!

• 09-09-2011 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭

So was looking at PaddyPower today and they are taking odds on the next host.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/tv-specials/late-late-show-host

All I can say is wow Miaraim is favl,that better be wrong as that would be a terrible idea.

If theres a new host I can see two people realistically from that list,

One Dara O Briain,is he not the clear front runner,smart educated man that is popular.Hell of alot better than that drip that is fav!

Ray Darcy same as above but I would prefer Dara.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

No Sean Moncrieff???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

craig doyle could do a good job. sorry but whats going on is turbidy gone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I'd say Dara O' Briain wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. I'd like to see Sean Moncrief get the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Where is my name?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Miriam O'Callaghan would be my choice, has shown a funny side to her personality on her own Saturday night show and would be able to handle the serious issues aswell.

Tubridy was a joke with Cuba Gooding Junior last week, hope he is sacked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mark Cagney 13s? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Might have a cheeky punt on Matt Cooper at 33/1.

He would be an excellent host.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

It would be great if we could poach back Graham Norton (50/1), however for that to work the whole format of the Late Late Show would have to change (which is long overdue)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

The truth is, the late late show has run its course. It might have a big audience, but its got nothing to do with the host/hostess, people have got into a habit and just look for that reason. I bet it does absolutely nothing for the sponsers. Time now for it to be kicked to touch. When Gaybo went, the Late Late did as well. If they keep changing around presenters, we'll get sick of them as well. Catherine Thomas is beginning to get on a lot of peoples nerves, Miriam is a bit too nice for my liking, Marty Whealan and Derek Mooney should be shot and the 2 of them put into a big hole, it's about the only way to shut them up. There's only one man on TV and that's Vinny Browne, long may he rule, even with his coughing and spluthering ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The only person worth getting is piers morgan, our similar with balls to ask the tough questions and not be so palsy with the guests

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭ko4jm6y9iwv2lc

Ray D'Arcy

No, just no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Zig & Zag would do a better job than anyone on that list,including DLB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Joe Duffy would be the Biz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No Gerry Ryan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭jmcc

amacachi wrote: »
    No Gerry Ryan?
    Even he couldn't be more of a stiff than Tubridy. Unfortunately he is otherwise occupied being dead. A Late Late with Gerry Ryan would have been far better show than giving it to someone who is more suited to reviewing childrens books or whatever he did previously.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Poly wrote: »
    No Sean Moncrieff???

You obviously don't recall the awful chat show he did back in the day, it was called Good Grief Moncrieff. It ended his career at RTE.
    Don't think they will take a punt on him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ray Darcy would be my choice. He'd do a great job

Advertisement