Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think of transport options to/from Dublin airport ?

• 14-11-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering what people think of the transport available to get to Dublin airport. Usually I'd get someone to drop me off but there at the tail end of the summer I'd to make my own way. Taxi was out of the question, I'm on the south side, close to the M50 but it'd still cost €40 or so . Not much point paying that if I'm scrambling to get the cheapest airfare. Anyway, so I got a bus to town and then surveyed my options on O'Connell St. A 16A pulled up but it was chocabloc, there was a massive queue, foreigners with loads of big suitcases, only about 6people made it on the bus. So then I went for the 747 Dublin Bus option. €6 it was , one way.

Then coming back there was similar chaos surrounding the 16A bus. I just about made it on and was able to get away with using one of them Travel 90 tickets which then got me home from town as well. But the bus was jam packed. I think there's only 1 every hour or something.

What are people's feelings on this ? I've been to quite a few UK cities and their transport from airport to city centre is pretty spot on and there's enough bus/trains there to accomodate people even during busy summer periods.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

What might be an idea are aircoaches which orbit on the M50 and come off at each exit, pick up/drop-off people and get back on the M50. This means that people only need to get as far as the M50 to get the bus, and not have to go the whole way into town.

My options are:
    Bus: 45mins into town, 45 mins (?) to the airport (I've never done this trip)
    Taxi: €40 each way (at least)
    Drive: 15/20 min journey + long term fees.

So I drive every time. Car park fees are usually well less than the cost of a taxi and I mostly travel on business so I can claim them on expenses.

The only reason I mention the aircoach idea is because I don't think that people are too concerned about how long it takes to get to the airport, they're more concerned with the hassle. I used to fly to London at least once a month, sometimes twice. When I got there, I had the option of a 20 minute taxi direct to my destination, or a 75 minute tube followed by a 5 minute walk. I always took the tube, but if I'd had to change tube two or more times, I'd have taken the taxi.

So I reckon that if people can take a single bus to the edge of the M50 (or get a lift) then just change once onto an orbital aircoach, they'd be delighted. You can get a single bus into the city centre and a single bus home, but you could easily have a KM or more to walk between bus stops with tonnes of people around and big bags with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

For me it's about the same journey.
    Airport is maybe 20-30 mins away in good traffic on the M50.
    The 747 bus from O'Connell St. is about 20-30mins.

They should've linked up the DART and the airport years ago.

I also would always get the tube through London as well. It helps to keep your travel costs on the one card so a travelcard or Oyster card is the way to go there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I find the 747 to be an excellent service and good value. Plus the driver has that leeway to go a different route if the state of the traffic demands it. For me, its a 55min journey from N. Wicklow on the DART plus 25mins on the 747, which is all fairly painless as the frequency of both are good.

The Aircoach on the otherhand.......I think its awful and very very slow. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Heroditas

When I used to live out near dun Laoghaire I got the 746 - think it cost €1.80 or €1.90 at the time (standard single bus fare) all the way to the airport - took about 1hr 20mins but was always empty. People wouldn't flag it down for some reason and waited for the 46a instead!
    I'm now out in Lucan and will always drive to the airport - it's generally 20-25mins. There is a new bus service but it's from Liffey Valley and I still have to get there to avail of the bus.

Car every time now.

However, if you're based on this side of the city, the options aren't great - you really need to travel into the city centre and then get a connecting bus from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

I always get the 747/748 and have never had a problem with it. It always takes between 20-30 minutes maximum (usually closer to 20) between O'Connell Street and the Airport in either direction. I would generally find that I can complete a journey from about 6-7 miles south of the city centre to the Airport in about 1 hour / 1 hour 15 mins approximately using the normal bus service to the city and the Airlink out to the Airport. (I accept that this is likely to be longer in the morning and evening peak periods due to traffic, but so would any other mode).

Remember too that Dublin Bus Rambler tickets are valid on the AIRLINK services, so for your EUR 6 (price of one day rambler ticket) you can get your travel on the AIRLINK and any other Dublin Bus services for that day. Annual tickets are also valid. It knocks the socks off paying EUR 40-60 for a taxi.

There is also a combined DART and AIRLINK ticket that can be purchased at any DART station and at the CIE Desk in the Airport. The price is EUR 7.40.

I avoid the 16A if I can, as it takes a detour around Beaumont and can get stuck in traffic, and gets very heavy loads (a problem that afflicts the 41 and 746), and for the simple reason that the 747/748 is much quicker.

There is now also a coach that operates from Tallaght, via Clondalkin and Liffey Valley and then onto the M50 direct to the Airport, which appears to be doing quite well. Details are at http://www.flybus.ie/

A through ticket from any DART Station to Dublin Airport can also be bought for use on route 102 from Sutton or Malahide DART Stations.

• Advertisement

That flybus looks awrite if you're in the area. Has anyone used it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

KC61 wrote: »
    I always get the 747/748 and have never had a problem with it. It always takes between 20-30 minutes maximum (usually closer to 20) between O'Connell Street and the Airport in either direction. I would generally find that I can complete a journey from about 6-7 miles south of the city centre to the Airport in about 1 hour / 1 hour 15 mins approximately using the normal bus service to the city and the Airlink out to the Airport. (I accept that this is likely to be longer in the morning and evening peak periods due to traffic, but so would any other mode).
    I'm the same in Bray .. 145 to O'Connell St. + a 747 usually does the trick in about 1hr 10 mins - 1hr 20 mins total at 'normal' times. Other times it's a bit longer, but any other road based PT option will have the same problem including the much more expensive Aircoach.
    Remember too that Dublin Bus Rambler tickets are valid on the AIRLINK services, so for your EUR 6 (price of one day rambler ticket) you can get your travel on the AIRLINK and any other Dublin Bus services for that day. Annual tickets are also valid. It knocks the socks off paying EUR 40-60 for a taxi.
    It's also worthwhile pointing out that the new smartcard version of the 5-day Rambler is now good for 5 non-consecutive journeys and works out at only 3.70 per trip.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I get the train to Drumcondra. Bus from there.

Or I drive and leave the car in long term (about 30 for the weekend all in all)

I've got a taxi home but work paid for it. Was €58 or somethng like that. Would never do it with my own money

There is also a combined DART and AIRLINK ticket that can be purchased at any DART station and at the CIE Desk in the Airport. The price is EUR 7.40.
    Darn, did not know that - esp the CIE desk bit. Is the combo ticket good for the entire length of the DART line?

SofaK wrote: »
    Darn, did not know that - esp the CIE desk bit. Is the combo ticket good for the entire length of the DART line?

Yes - It's valid for the entire DART network per the Dublin Bus website.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/other.asp

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    It's also worthwhile pointing out that the new smartcard version of the 5-day Rambler is now good for 5 non-consecutive journeys and works out at only 3.70 per trip.

Good point and one that I'd overlooked.

The two Rambler Smartcards are valid on the AIRLINK, and are priced as follows:
    5 Day - EUR 18.50 OR EUR 3.70 per day
    30 Day - EUR 90 or EUR 3.00 per day

Both are valid for 5 and 30 individual days over an approximately 2 year period, which gives plenty of scope for using them and beats anything else on offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Ah yes, I didn't see the 30-day option there, but yes, that's even cheaper. Even if you discount the ability to use them on the Airlink, that works out cheaper for me for a return journey into Dublin than the two 90-minute tickets at €1.70 each that I use now. Now whether I'd actually use them 30 times in two years is another matter ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

747 from connolly/busarus for me, wasn't to bad last time, driver took the port tunnell, there in less than half hour

but the sooner the goverment get their finger out and build and complete metro north the better, and get an oyster type card for all the mass transport systems in the capital the better, the bus really is not suitable for familys, elderly etc, travelling with large cases etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Heroditas wrote: »
    When I used to live out near dun Laoghaire I got the 746 - think it cost €1.80 or €1.90 at the time (standard single bus fare) all the way to the airport - took about 1hr 20mins but was always empty. People wouldn't flag it down for some reason and waited for the 46a instead!

Not many people are aware that the 746 can be used with the standard dublin bus tickets, i think. I was one of them till the last time i arrived at the airport and was told i could use the 746 with my 90 minutes smartcard.

It was an horrible long lasting trip going home but at least it only cost me 1,70 during rush hour. I dont even want to imagine what a taxi would have cost me going to D15 via the M50.
    Under normal circumstances it costs me around 30 to get home from the airport by taxi. Outside rush hour and on a M50 that doesnt look like a car park.
    That 30 is sometimes more than i paid for the flight but getting home in 20 minutes is worth something.

Would be nice though if there would be a "1 suitcase per person" policy on the bus though.

inforfun wrote: »
    Not many people are aware that the 746 can be used with the standard dublin bus tickets, i think. I was one of them till the last time i arrived at the airport and was told i could use the 746 with my 90 minutes smartcard.

It was an horrible long lasting trip going home but at least it only cost me 1,70 during rush hour. I dont even want to imagine what a taxi would have cost me going to D15 via the M50.
    Under normal circumstances it costs me around 30 to get home from the airport by taxi. Outside rush hour and on a M50 that doesnt look like a car park.
    That 30 is sometimes more than i paid for the flight but getting home in 20 minutes is worth something.

Would be nice though if there would be a "1 suitcase per person" policy on the bus though.

Is the URbus service of any use given that you're now going to/from D15?

www.urbus.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

That M50 suggestion is of merit and I`m surprised that Aircoach have not cottoned on to it yet.

I was very surprised to see the routing they chose for the Greystones service which sends their drivers directly into the motorised quagmire that is Bray Town and then includes Shankhill Village just to put manners on them.

Lunacy !

By far the greater proportion of Aircoach passengers are dropped off from private cars so the very act of placing a COACH stop in Bray or Shankhill attracts a degree of collateral motor damage.
    This in turn adds to the delay factor for the Coach itself.

If it was my call,I would have used the N/M 11 to the maximum,and seeking a dedicated parking bay close to the on/off ramps at Bray North and South before carrying on to the Charlesland terminus by the fastest route..

I have also used the Tallaght Flybus several times now and find it Ok.
    My main gripe is the use of Mercedes breadvan coach conversions on it which are frankly bloody uncomfortable.
    I also have issue with Flybus`s somewhat tortuous routing particularly through Clondalkin and latterly at the Clarion Liffey Valley Hotel,the latter stop which is totally OTT as it involves the coach driving through the car-park which on the early morning journey I took was absolutey jam packed.
    So packed was it that the coach driver was forced to make several attempts to negotiate the place and risked getting blocked in completely.

What is it about Irish Bus Operators both Public and Private that renders them so suceptible to taking a simple,popular,fast DIRECT routing and then convoluting it until it collapses.....

RAPID,DIRECT,REASONABLE,FREQUENT...Thats all we need !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I drive and park in Quickpark. (Though their gravel ripped the bottom off my favourite rolly case last week.)

When the Luas goes out to the airport, I'll take that.

The standard buses are simply too uncomfortable, too unscheduled and too unreliable.

The aircoach and all its clones are too expensive - €14 for the journey to the airport and back, compared to €16 for driving out door-to-door in my own comfortable car and having it there waiting for me.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Despite the fact that the 102 stop is 5 minutes walk from my door, I'll always take a taxi to the airport (not too dear obviously from where I live). The 102 should be good but it navigates around half of Swords before going to the airport - it can take an hour to get to from Portmarnock compared to about 15 minutes or so in a taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The two Rambler Smartcards are valid on the AIRLINK, and are priced as follows:
    5 Day - EUR 18.50 OR EUR 3.70 per day
    30 Day - EUR 90 or EUR 3.00 per day

That's ridiculously good value. €1.70 to/from town + €10 return = €13.40. That means I get three days of bus travel for €1.70 each, whenever I want.

My flight is at 9.20 on Wednesday morning and I've checked in online. What time do I need to be in town for to be safe? Being in town at 7.30 will get me into the airport at around 8?

That's ridiculously good value. €1.70 to/from town + €10 return = €13.40. That means I get three days of bus travel for €1.70 each, whenever I want.

My flight is at 9.20 on Wednesday morning and I've checked in online. What time do I need to be in town for to be safe? Being in town at 7.30 will get me into the airport at around 8?

I'd say a half hour to the airport from O'Connell st would be about right. If you're checked in online and your flight's at 9.20 then being in town at half 7 would be grand. That's about the same time I gave myself too when I did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Going OT here, but KC; this Rambler ticket.... When you say it can be used on non consecutive days, are you saying that I can, say, make use of it today, then again, say next Tuesday, Sunday 3 weeks etc etc?

Being in town for 0730 should get you to the Airport for 0800. There is a 748 leaving Heuston at 0715, which should hit O'Connell Street at 0725, and 747 buses passing O'Connell Street at 0725, 0735 and every 10 minutes thereafter.

Also, the saving is more than you think as the AIRLINK is EUR 6 per trip not EUR 5!

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Going OT here, but KC; this Rambler ticket.... When you say it can be used on non consecutive days, are you saying that I can, say, make use of it today, then again, say next Tuesday, Sunday 3 weeks etc etc?

A 5-day Rambler Smartcard can be used on any individual 5 days, that do not need to be consecutive, within the period that the card is valid which is usually 2 years.

Similarly the 30-day Rambler Smartcard can be used on any individual 30 days, within the period that the card is valid.

So that translated is yes! It really is a fantastic development for people who are only occasional travellers by bus and is very very good value.

luckat wrote: »
    The standard buses are simply too uncomfortable, too unscheduled and too unreliable.

Well as a frequent flyer, albeit generally with one bag, I'd have to say that I would disagree with that statement.

The 747/748 AIRLINK service operates every 10 minutes on weekdays and every 15 minutes on Sundays. It's never let me down and has always got me to/from the city centre in under 30 minutes, especially since the Port Tunnel opened.

The only thing that does need to be calculated is how long the other bus will take to get to/from O'Connell Street. That can be done (in general) reasonably easily - for example for an 0900 flight out of Dublin Airport, that means being there for about 0740, which means an 0710 AIRLINK (or so) and generally catching an 0630 departure to the city from the outer terminus.

A little thought into these things can reap a reward - in this case a saving of EUR 10 per trip over your parking cost.

Arrived back in Dublin airport last night for the holidays and managed to grab myself one of those Airlink / DART combo tickets. The CIE Desk was closed but thankfully the tourism desk beside it sells travel tickets as well.

It worked out pretty well - saved me having to fumble for more change at Connolly station plus i reckon i must have saved at least 2euro overall (would normally pay Airlink 6euro + DART 3.50ish euro).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,479 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Used to get a lift up to the AirCoach for myself, but now that Bus Eireann are doing the service from Wicklow to Dublin Airport, it is gonna be a lot handier. And hourly, so its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I always thought that public transport, including taxis, to/from Dublin Airport was quite good and relatively cheap compared to other cities

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I usually get the Airlink in and out as it's covered on my annual bus ticket. Very convenient.

I used to use the AerDart but sadly, few other people used to and they pulled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I've been to quite a few UK cities and their transport from airport to city centre is pretty spot on and there's enough bus/trains there to accomodate people even during busy summer periods.
    I wouldn’t say too many UK airports are any better served than Dublin, tbh.
    They should've linked up the DART and the airport years ago.
    I don’t know why this idea hasn’t been given more consideration myself. A spur off the existing line at Portmarnock would do the job - it’s mostly fields in between.
    irish-stew wrote: »
    747 from connolly/busarus for me, wasn't to bad last time, driver took the port tunnell, there in less than half hour
    That would be the 748.
    but the sooner the goverment get their finger out and build and complete metro north the better…
    Why? I’m not at all convinced that this glamour project is in anyway necessary. We already have a pretty decent bus service to/from the airport, although admittedly, it is at the mercy of events at Croke Park. But even still, I think a link to an existing rail line would be a far more cost-effective approach.
    luckat wrote: »
    The aircoach and all its clones are too expensive - €14 for the journey to the airport and back, compared to €16 for driving out door-to-door in my own comfortable car and having it there waiting for me.
    That would all depend on the duration of your journey though. I think €12 return for an express bus service is pretty good value.
    Being in town for 0730 should get you to the Airport for 0800. There is a 748 leaving Heuston at 0715, which should hit O'Connell Street at 0725...
    748 doesn’t go to O’Connell St - very common misconception.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DAA have a page on "To & From The Airport" here: http://www.dublinairport.com/to-and-from/by-bus/

Bus Éireann have added more routes to the aiport recently. http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=687&month=Dec

The 16A is around the corner from home for me, so I usually use that. However, most of my trips via the airport are within Dublin - I'm not flying - I'm using the ground transportation centre. Typically I use the 5 day Dublin Bus Smartcard.

The 5 day Smartcard replaces two products - the 5 day ticket (5 consecutive days) and the 5 x 1 day Rambler booklet. The advantage the booklet had was you could transport 5 people.

Overall I think its OK, But I think other suburbs could do with direct services.
    djpbarry wrote: »
    Why? I’m not at all convinced that this glamour project is in anyway necessary. We already have a pretty decent bus service to/from the airport, although admittedly, it is at the mercy of events at Croke Park. But even still, I think a link to an existing rail line would be a far more cost-effective approach.
    Metro North isn't just about the Airport, its also about Swords and all points in between.

748 doesn’t go to O’Connell St - very common misconception.

I think that you need to take a few trips on the AIRLINK, as you're obviously not quite up to date with the service pattern.

Both the 747 and 748 can use the Port Tunnel outbound, and I have been on several buses that did this myself. If traffic is bad in Drumcondra or on Dorset Street, the bus will re-route via Parnell Sq North and East, Parnell Street, Summerhill and onto Portland Row, Seville Place to Sherriff Street and then to the Port Tunnel.

The outbound 748 was re-routed to serve O'Connell Street during 2008 (except for services that have a driver change en route). Buses turn left off Bachelor's Walk and onto O'Connell Street and then usually operate via Dorset Street, Drumcondra and the motorway.

I have caught the 0715 748 about 10 times this year en route to the Airport from O'Connell Street, and other departures during the day as well. So unless my eyes were deceiving me as I watched the bus turn off the quays and into O'Connell Street I think you are mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I think a link to an existing rail line would be a far more cost-effective approach.
    Q:What impact will this have have The Enterprise, Northern Commuter and DART.

A: A negative one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Q:What impact will this have have The Enterprise, Northern Commuter and DART.

A: A negative one.

Why not have the Malahide DART terminate at the airport? Stop the Enterprise and Northern Commuter services at Malahide to meet with the airport services?

What would be the impact then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

Why not have the Malahide DART terminate at the airport? Stop the Enterprise and Northern Commuter services at Malahide to meet with the airport services?

What would be the impact then?

A poorer service for Malahide and probably a poorer service for everyone else because of the extra signalling. It would reduce the available service while only opening one new area to train coverage. Compare to MN which opens Dorset stake, Drumcondra, Griffith, Glasnevin, Northwood, Ballymun, Swords and the airport. It's not an airport metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

but the sooner the goverment get their finger out and build and complete metro north the better,

i do agree, it has to join up with an exsisting rail line, i do think its daft that a proposed airport rail link does not link up with the countrys major rail hubs

cant see how the service will cater for those ariving to the capital on intercity services, i know that it passes though drumcondra, on the sligo/connolly route, but that route only stops there maybe once a day, if that, and i know that every route will not suit every person, but surley, for the population on a whole it would make more sence to have it terminating from a central hub, rather than walking or getting a bus to o'connell street

going back to other reasons for it, the bus does its job, but as i said in my original post, can be a bit of a mare for familys, elderly, those with cases, which i suppose you could have the same problem on a train, but atleast you might have more comfort, another reason i belive for the metro would be simplicity, any time you arrive at the airport, how often do you see hords of people looking lost, trying to work out what bus they need, and chances are, most of those people are trvelling to the city centre,

plus te metro north would serve other areas between the capital and airport that the airlinks dont, plus areas north of the airport as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Irish Rail put forward a detailed plan for a DART link to the Airport in the mid 1990's which was a practical and realistic proposal at the time. The millstone was that to be truly effective and reliable, it needed a third and fourth track from Fairview to Baldoyle, the proposed junction for the line. This at the time was unlikely to be financed so the Government of the day rejected it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The outbound 748 was re-routed to serve O'Connell Street during 2008 (except for services that have a driver change en route). Buses turn left off Bachelor's Walk and onto O'Connell Street and then usually operate via Dorset Street, Drumcondra and the motorway.

I have caught the 0715 748 about 10 times this year en route to the Airport from O'Connell Street, and other departures during the day as well. So unless my eyes were deceiving me as I watched the bus turn off the quays and into O'Connell Street I think you are mistaken.
    Fair enough, but I get the 748 from Heuston pretty much any time I'm going to the airport and every single time it heads straight down the quays to Busáras and then onto the Port Tunnel. Were it to head down O’Connell St, Dorset St and onto the M1, it would miss the advertised stop at Busáras, which doesn't make much sense.

Fair enough, but I get the 748 from Heuston pretty much any time I'm going to the airport and every single time it heads straight down the quays to Busáras and then onto the Port Tunnel. Were it to head down O’Connell St, Dorset St and onto the M1, it would miss the advertised stop at Busáras, which doesn't make much sense.

Given that there is a 10 minute frequency on the 747, the lack of a 748 will not make much difference at Busarus.

Better to have both routes serve the busier stop at O'Connell Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I have to get to the airport for around 4.30 pm on new years eve from Sandyford industrial estate.
    I dont want to get a taxi as it will prob cost about 50-60 euro.
    The aircoach is a possibility but it takes like 75 minutes!!
    Are there any other options?
    thanks

Luas into the city centre and then the 747 from O'Connell St ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

Tiesto wrote: »
    The aircoach is a possibility but it takes like 75 minutes!!
    Are there any other options?
    thanks

Aircoach shouldn't take that long on new years eve.

Aircoach should be about 55-60 minutes on New Years Eve from Sandyford.

Alternatively, LUAS to St. Stephen's Green (22 mins) and Aircoach from Dawson Street (30 mins) should do the trick.

And finally LUAS to St. Stephen's Green (22 mins), walk to O'Connell Street (12 mins) and AIRLINK 747/748 (25 mins) also should do the job within an hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

thats great. thanks for all that guys.

Check in online if you can., saves a lot of timeand gives you spare time in case you're late.

Ryanair charge for this
    Aer Lingus don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Check in online if you can., saves a lot of timeand gives you spare time in case you're late.

Ryanair charge for this
    Aer Lingus don't.

Ryanair don't charge for online checkin.

Advertisement