Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a cider press

Options
  • 27-02-2014 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Think of building a cider press. Anyone have any experience/tips?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

There is a book with plans for a press in it that I bought a while back. (found it)

I would *love* to build a press, but I haven't got the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Tube

Never mind the time to build one... the time to press the apples.

I made my own cider this year using apples from 100 y.o. apple trees. The cider is fantastic, but it was seriously hard work!

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Did anyone here make their own press? Is there anywhere you can rent a press in Dublin at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

Tube wrote: »
    Never mind the time to build one... the time to press the apples.

I made my own cider this year using apples from 100 y.o. apple trees. The cider is fantastic, but it was seriously hard work!

I'm making some cider from 60-70 year old trees, was a bit wary bout it with the trees being old, but good to see it worked out!

Bought a press meself, mybeer&wine had a sale there coupla months ago.

A scratter now, that's gonna be a bit of a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Hingo wrote: »
    A scratter now, that's gonna be a bit of a challenge

Here ya go! https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-4-september/products-detail-page/ps/p/garden-shredder/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

There's a thing plasterers use for mixing plaster basically a plastic bucket with a fitting in the lid for a drillbit to go through, which is a cheaper workaround.

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Heavy-Duty-Mixing-Paddle-120x600mm/p/167365

Advertisement