Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defining eyebrows

Options
  • 20-02-2015 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

I have light coloured eyebrows. Can anyone recommend a product please that would define them and add a bit of colour? I tried a Benefit powder but it's €30+. Is there anything good out there that costs less? Not sure which is best either - powder, gel, pencil...? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Depends how light they are and how dark you want them really! I have blonde, almost see-through brows. I get them tinted every month (highly recommend if you don't already!) and use Essence eyebrow pencil in soft blonde. It's very light, but dark enough to add a bit of colour, and costs a few euro in Penneys.

If you can find eye-shadow that's a good match for the colour you want that's also an option.

I also quite like that Benefit kit. But yes, it's pricey. And the angled brush in my one fell down the sink :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I use Soap & Glory Archery in the colour Love is Blonde, it's a double ended pencil & felt tip brush. I find it a great colour match for my brows, but mine are more of a darker blonde than light.

Also brands like NYX and Catrice do brow powder duos that would be much cheaper than Benefit. I haven't tried them though so I can't say how good they might be. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Tea-a-Maria

Collection 2000 do a great palette for 5 quid. It has 3 shades, an applicator brush and a clear mascara. Just as good as the more expensive palettes!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I love my wet'n'wild eyebrow palette, I think its only in one colour though with a light brown and a dark brown shade but I find it fantastic for day and night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I use the Sleek eyebrow palette and find it great. I got HD brows done a month ago too and they changed my life for that month, sadly an expensive (for me, it's really quite reasonably priced in fairness) habit I can't avail of too frequently though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

deise_girl wrote: »
    I love my wet'n'wild eyebrow palette, I think its only in one colour though with a light brown and a dark brown shade but I find it fantastic for day and night :)

I'm currently using this as well, it's very good but I use my own angled brush. I have pretty much non-existent fair brows but I like them fairly dark so I'm happy with the light brown one- but anyone who likes their brows fairly fair might even find the light brown a bit dark.

I really dislike brow pencils, they're way too severe in my opinion, unless you're very good at blending them. A matte eyeshadow that matches the colour you like plus an angled brush is far more natural looking I think.

I used to use the Benefit Brow zings but I wouldn't be bothered spending that money anymore when a cheap shadow does the trick. Boots Natural Collection do a matte brown shadow called Crushed Walnut, only about €2 I'd say and it's a good buildable colour, whether you like your brows dark or light. And use an angled brush with a spoolie from Crown/Blank Canvas for about €5/€6 to apply the shadow with the angled end, brush the brows with the spoolie end, sorted! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I love the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade, it gives great definition and your eyebrows stay perfect all day. The taupe and blonde shades might work? You'll need an angled brush to apply but the little tub lasts forever.

http://www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/anastasiabeverlyhills/dipbrowpomade/

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Benefit Brow Zings might be expensive but it lasts forever. I have literally been using mine every day for a few years now and it's nowhere near gone you use so little of it. That said I'm sure there are plenty other products that have come out since I bought that that do just as good a job for alot cheaper :) Really want to try the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade gets such good reviews and so many shades to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

+1 for the Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade. I'm pretty sure the little pot is going to last me a lifetime! The colours are great and my eyebrows always look defined but natural, not like I've drawn two caterpillars across my forehead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I honestly love the Sleek eyebrow kit, better than Brow Zings in my opinion and costs about a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

L'Oreal also have a new kit out that is very similar to the Benefit one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Elly_Welly

I save a fortune by getting L'Oreal Touch Up Roots in dark blonde and apply it myself. All you need is some Q-tips and vaseline (to put around the brow line so it doesn't stain your skin). Leave on for 15-20 minutes and instant eyebrows!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i gotta give love to the anastasia dip brow pomade, its amazing and its going nowhere like its truly waterproof!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

where did you guys get this anastacia brow thing?
    i use the HD palette. but I'm mad for eyebrows so id try others too!

you can get it on www.beautybay.com and its so cheap only 12euro!!now i havent ordered off them so dont ask me what theyre like to order from!!

I got mine when i lived in canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

Hi all, OP here - thanks for all the replies. I picked up a cheap Essence powder in Penneys but I'll try some of the others here as well. A couple of people have mentioned tinting. Does anyone know where I could get a light brown tint? I've only ever seen dark brown in chemists and am a bit clueless about websites for beauty products. Tried the dark brown once and that dark a colour just made me look angry! Thanks.

flynnser19 wrote: »
    you can get it on www.beautybay.com and its so cheap only 12euro!!now i havent ordered off them so dont ask me what theyre like to order from!!

I got mine when i lived in canada!

i googled it and found a site which you pay 15 pound,
    il also need to get two different colours cause I'm not sure which will be right shade!!
    so yay to the cheaper price :)

I'm paid on friday so il order then :)

shakencat wrote: »
    i googled it and found a site which you pay 15 pound,
    il also need to get two different colours cause I'm not sure which will be right shade!!
    so yay to the cheaper price :)

I'm paid on friday so il order then :)

I know im defo gonna be placing an order on that website when i get paid i cant get over how cheap it is like!!

I know im defo gonna be placing an order on that website when i get paid i cant get over how cheap it is like!!

i can't find the dip brow stuff on that site :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

CeannRua wrote: »
    Hi all, OP here - thanks for all the replies. I picked up a cheap Essence powder in Penneys but I'll try some of the others here as well. A couple of people have mentioned tinting. Does anyone know where I could get a light brown tint? I've only ever seen dark brown in chemists and am a bit clueless about websites for beauty products. Tried the dark brown once and that dark a colour just made me look angry! Thanks.

if you cant find a light brown you just need to keep an eye on the brows while the dark brown tint is on and wipe it off as soon as it reaches the desired shade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭CeannRua

if you cant find a light brown you just need to keep an eye on the brows while the dark brown tint is on and wipe it off as soon as it reaches the desired shade.

Thanks for the reply. This won't work for me though. I literally had the tint on my brows for three seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Try somewhere like Terrisales or Salon Services that supply to beauticians! It'll cost more, but it lasts ages and is well worth it.

shakencat wrote: »
    i can't find the dip brow stuff on that site :(

When you go to anastasia you have to click view all products, as it just shows you three of their products proabbly their best sellers or something!!

When you go to anastasia you have to click view all products, as it just shows you three of their products proabbly their best sellers or something!!

thank you :) i get paid at midnight.. have them in a tab ready to press buy!

i already have the dipbrow its the brow wizz and the contour palette i want next lol then the liquid lipsticks ive a long list!!!

The contour palette is 63euro here and only 40dollars in America so might wait until my brother goes to america in april for that!!

i just ordered the large angled brush and chocolate + dark brown Anastasia dip brow as i didn't know what shade i would be,

So i will have one up for grabs as soon as they arrive if anyone wants!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Eyelure also do an eyebrow tint but I found it didn't last as long as the one in the salon supply shops and I still ended up topping up with Brow Wiz.

I have the Anastasia dipbrow in Chocolate and it's lovely, but it's quite dark. The brow wiz pencil is fantastic too, the shade I use is Brunette. I get mine from Cult Beauty.

A side note about Beautybay - I've had a few experiences with them, good and bad. When I paid for shipping I had my order within a week via courier. When I chose free shipping I was waiting over a month for one order and 3 weeks for the other.

Blank Canvas have a double ended eyebrow brush - one end has a slanty brush and the other has a spoolie. That does a great job with a matt eyeshadow too, eyelure have a brow wax crayon that hold it in place. I think Blank Canvas are still offering a discount but there are a few codes flying round for 10% off - Pippa, Sarah are two that I know.

still waiting on my delivery from Beauty bay.com :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've been lusting after dipbrow for ages, but I haven't been able to pick it up. I got it today and I'm so excited to try it! I'm very blonde and pale, but I like quite a defined brow so I got it in Caramel :)

Advertisement