Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is interesting. It's for 2010/11.

2011%2F6%2Fclinicalstrick.png

Obv, reading to much into it is torture, but it does give us an idea of how much we're missing someone clinical when Kuyt's our best on the goals to shots.

Kuyt better than Cavani :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Knex. wrote: »
    And Steven Fletcher is better than Messi... Sign him up!

*not really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Sign Huntlaar. Himself and suarez would be devastating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Sign Huntlaar. Himself and suarez would be devastating

Frightening form this year so far, exactly a goal a game for Schalke in all competitions!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Frightening form this year so far, exactly a goal a game for Schalke in all competitions!

Himself and Suarez were unreal together at Ajax.

Proven goalscorer in many leagues and proven partner with our best player.

If we are going to spend big on a striker let it be him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Always wanted United to sign Huntlaar, when he was leaving Madrid that was the time to get him. He is 28 now, so he would cost big money for someone whos is fast approaching his 30's. Still a class act though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Always wanted United to sign Huntlaar, when he was leaving Madrid that was the time to get him. He is 28 now, so he would cost big money for someone whos is fast approaching his 30's. Still a class act though.

I'd be much happier spending Bent type money on him than Bent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

69 awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I'd be much happier spending Bent type money on him than Bent.

I would be even happier spending it on Higuain, but i'd take Huntlaar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I would be even happier spending it on Higuain, but i'd take Huntlaar

I think Higuain would cost more again. Would absolutely love to see him at the club too. Madrid would be mad to let him go, 14 goals from 8 starts and 9 sub appearances in the league. And he gets a lot of big goals too.

If I had the choice I'd take Higuain hands down, but Huntelaar is probably easier to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

monkey9 wrote: »
    Al, i haven't mentioned his name, but i thought he would be free in the summer, Basically, Newcastle have shown their balls here. Why isn't Camolli doing doing this??

Comolli vs Carr. Who's got the bigger pair?

It's a ball-off.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Newcastle seem to be getting it very, very right with transfers.

He hasn't played a minute for them yet! Let's not forget they also signed Marveaux.
    And Steven Fletcher is better than Messi... Sign him up!

*not really

I genuinely believe we will make a move for Fletcher in this window. We'll look at Cavani if we can't get him (I don't genuinely believe this bit, but wouldn't be too surprised).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

mike65 wrote: »
    Settle down for Bob Paisley.

What a class act! Thanks for posting this Mike. Dalglish, Sounness and Hansen... there's a spine of a team. Add Ian Rush to the mix.

Just listen to Phil Thompson "we used to go up and down the country battering every team we played!"

All things being equal, with modern-day fitness etc., I'd say that team would absolutely batter our best 11 these days.

It'll take time but Kenny's the only man to bring some new glory to the club. Let's start with a cup double this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What a class act! Thanks for posting this Mike. Dalglish, Sounness and Hansen... there's a spine of a team. Add Ian Rush to the mix.

Just listen to Phil Thompson "we used to go up and down the country battering every team we played!"

All things being equal, with modern-day fitness etc., I'd say that team would absolutely batter our best 11 these days.

It'll take time but Kenny's the only man to bring some new glory to the club. Let's start with a cup double this season.

You were doing so well until the 2nd last sentence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

The most successful manager in Europe of recent years has been Mourinho. He has no problem signing players in their late 20s. You're getting a player who will do a job straight away. Yes there's less sell-on value, but think of the time it takes for players like Carroll to reach their potential. It's not always good business to buy young. AC Milan tend to develop their youth players and buy experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You are not wrong. Bob's best team, with the benefit of modern training, would destroy the best XI Liverpool could field from the current squad. Would just be a horrible mismatch especially in terms of midfields and attacks. Souness would have a field day against Lucas, Gerrard and Adam.

Any word on Agger/Spearing injuries?

Haven't been online much the last few days so missed any news on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Kess73 wrote: »
    Souness would have a field day against Lucas, Gerrard and Adam.

He'd be sent off after half an hour :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Another young prospect, this one from Ghana. Hope this has been cleared with Suarez.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1009910/mumuni-abubakar-hopeful-of-liverpool-move?cc=5739
    Ghana Under-20 midfielder Mumuni Abubakar is hopeful of securing a move to Liverpool, following a recent trial at Anfield.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish invited Abubakar to Merseyside for a trial after being tipped off by his scouting network.

The 18-year-old, who plays for New Edubiase United, spent a fortnight working with Liverpool and feels he made a positive impression on the coaching staff.

"They were impressed by my performances during training and the match that I played," Abubakar told Joy Sports. "The technical team like my style of play, so hopefully they will sign me.

"When you go to trials, they talk to your agent and not you the player. Liverpool is talking with my agent (Oliver Arthur) now. They're impressed with my performances so we should get a favourable response."

New Edubiase United are a professional Ghanaian team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

He'd be sent off after half an hour :pac:

:D

Souness was the most complete midfielder I have ever seen at the club. Have no doubt that if a 25 or 26 yo Souness was put into the Premiership now with the benefit of modern diets/training etc that he would be a dominant force.

Far more to him that just being a hard player. Of course if we took it the other way and sent Gerrard, Lucas etc back to the start of the 80's to play against Souness with the football rules of the era, then Souness would have outplayed them and physically knocked the shyte out of them with some ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Liverpool close in on Sporting Lisbon's NextGen Series starlet Teixeira
    Liverpool are close to clinching a deal for Portugal Under 19 playmaker Joao Carlos Teixeira.

The Sporting Lisbon youngster starlet grabbed Liverpool’s attention by scoring against them in the NextGen - a Champions League-style tournament for youth teams.

Teixeira, who has just turned 19, is set to sign on at Merseyside for a deal worth up to just £850,000, according to Portuguese newspaper Record.

The playmaker, who has come through the same academy as Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Figo and Paulo Futre, was reportedly targeted at the insistence of Liverpool’s academy technical manager Jose Segura.

Teixeira has shown enough promise to train with Sporting’s first-team this season, but has yet to make his senior debut.

• Advertisement

Seems damned strange that Sporting would let this fella go at all never mind for a million euro. When googling Joao Carlos Teixeira beware of another player called João Miguel da Cunha Teixeira who was a Leicester player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I remember him playing a large role in tearing the young lads a new one at Anfield. And if Segura insisted we attempt to sign him, then I've no doubt he has huge potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Any word on Agger/Spearing injuries?

Haven't been online much the last few days so missed any news on them.

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

kop77 wrote: »

Liverpool are close to clinching a deal for Portugal Under 19 playmaker Joao Carlos Teixeira.

The Sporting Lisbon youngster starlet grabbed Liverpool’s attention by scoring against them in the NextGen - a Champions League-style tournament for youth teams.

Teixeira, who has just turned 19, is set to sign on at Merseyside for a deal worth up to just £850,000, according to Portuguese newspaper Record.

The playmaker, who has come through the same academy as Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani, Figo and Paulo Futre, was reportedly targeted at the insistence of Liverpool’s academy technical manager Jose Segura.

Teixeira has shown enough promise to train with Sporting’s first-team this season, but has yet to make his senior debut.

So we're after Teixeira and Texeira? Bit coincidental...are we going through a list alphabetically or something?! We'll have to make another effort to get the other Lucas in as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Personally I think there will be lots disappointed fans come Feb 1st when we havent made a signing .

As I said previous I would say we would need to shift one or two to fund any new players . The option and demand I would say is there from other clubs for the likes of Kuyt and Maxi etc , but Kenny has opted not to take it , hence his recent statement on this transfer window .

Bad signings are now starting to show their ugly effects and bad business always directly and indirectly harms the club .

Hopefully come the end of season we dont look back on this window as a missed opportunity if we fall short of 4th spot .
    Cause it won't be this window I will be blaming .

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Record reporting that Sporting midfielder João Carlos will join Liverpool in a deal worth €1M. 19 y/o yet to make his debut for the Lions.

No prizes for guessing how Carlos came to Liverpool's attention - he scored against them in the NextGen Series earlier this season.

However well he's done for the U19s, fact is Sporting could do with the € & there are a lot of players ahead of Carlos. No confirmation yet.

https://twitter.com/#!/cahiers_dusport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Knex. wrote: »

That just goes to prove the rocky road that stats can lead down :pac:

Look up El LoCo Ade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Teixeira was certainly one of the best players over the two legs. Would be over the moon if we get him but he is another number 10 type player to add to the growing list of young players we have who like to play in that pocket behind the striker.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement