Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12-Jan 2012 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

google translation........

FF News: Eager to join the Premier League at the end of the season, Eden Hazard has set his sights on Tottenham. Reportedly, the Belgian international has 21 years of age agreed with the London club, which meets their aspirations, since it probably will participate in the next Champions League.

As he wished to have game time and not be drowned in an overstaffing, the prodigy Lille chose the Spurs to Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal and Chelsea, all candidates for transfer to the spring. It remains now to the two clubs to agree on the amount of the transaction.

If the player has, since his last contract extension, a release clause at 40 million euros, the transfer will most likely be the subject of intense negotiations. Until everything is officially settled, other clubs may therefore try to reverse the trend. In the image of MU, who was with Tottenham the club most insistent in recent days ... (Photo-Press Sports)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Not to worry im sure we're in negotiations to sign Nathan Dyer in a deal worth 40m

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Knex. wrote: »
    So I've been led to believe anyway, Levy runs a very tight ship by all accounts. Works for him though, the man has done wonders for Spurs. Then again, if they get into CL two years running its a huge boost in revenue and one that Levy might allow to go towards an increase in wages when he sees fit. And lets face it, Hazard would certainly deserve it.

Also, he can't be on that much at Lille, or be demanding that much for that matter. 70k-90k I'd imagine, which is not astronomical wages for a team who we can assume would regularly feature in the CL, especially with the signing of Hazard.

Of course he can demand a salary if there is an auction for his services.

Chelsea seem to be after him too and Real Madrid have shown an interest too through ZZ.

So if Spurs, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City are all after him he's likely to end up on a lot more than 100k per week IMO

Not to worry im sure we're in negotiations to sign Nathan Dyer in a deal worth 40m

Grant Holt i'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Fair ****ing play to John Barnes. Eloquent and forthright. Take no ****. Impressive interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Fair ****ing play to John Barnes. Eloquent and forthright. Take no ****. Impressive interview.

He was a breath of fresh air yesterday morning on SSN.

Took no crap , suffered no fools and made sure the discussion stayed on point .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lukas Podolski seems to be engineering his exit from FC Köln, criticising the clubs lack of progress and ambition.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1021356/cologne-to-punish-outspoken-striker-lukas-podolski?cc=5739
    Cologne have hit back at Lukas Podolski after the striker claimed, via the German media, that the Bundesliga side had reneged on promises made to him.

Speaking to Bild am Sonntag, Podolski criticised his home-town club, saying: "I was told that a team would be built around me so that we could establish ourselves first in the top eight and then in the top six.

"[Former Cologne coach] Christoph Daum once said that lots of promises are made, but few are maintained here and I think my situation confirms that."

Cologne general manager Claus Horstmann says Podolski, who missed Sunday's 1-0 defeat to Hamburg, will be fined for his unauthorised comments.

"Of course such a high-profile player has every right to speak out publicly, but we are surprised about the timing and the content of an interview on the day in which we had a very important game against Hamburg,'' he said.

"The interview had not been agreed with us, nor had we authorised its publication.

"It has been released by Lukas' personal management and our recommendations have not been followed. He has therefore knowingly broken rules set down in his contract.

"Remarks about the club must always be authorised by the club. There is no place in the world for a player, who is injured, who is not in the squad and who is always demanding calm, to give such an interview.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

mike65 wrote: »
    Lukas Podolski seems to be engineering his exit from FC Köln, criticising the clubs lack of progress and ambition.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1021356/cologne-to-punish-outspoken-striker-lukas-podolski?cc=5739

would be a good signing for us would offer plenty of options aswell

redabbey1 Lionel Knott
    Rafa Benitez pictured in 'La Marca' at the weekend with the print of the Kop banner i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u370/re… he was presented with in July 2010

I'm reading some viewers are disappointed that LFCTV have cancelled the phone-in.
    BrianDurand56 Brian Durand

Even during the Hicks n Gillett era I can't recall @LFCTV cancelling the phone-in. Disappointing.

Andrew_Heaton Andy Heaton

I see LFC.TV has turned into Pravda.TV, orders from above no doubt, shame, some boss people employed there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

mike65 wrote: »

I've always liked him as a player - would make for a very good addition. Depending on where you read, he is coming to us for 20m or Arsenal for 16m!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I've always liked him as a player - would make for a very good addition. Depending on where you read, he is coming to us for 20m or Arsenal for 16m!

Moscow is his most likely destination from what I have read and for a fee less than 16 mill IIRC.

I think Podolski is slightly over rated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ShamoBuc wrote: »

Of course we would have to be paying more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

He's been excellent talking about the subject, you can tell that it's something he knows a lot about. I think it's reprehensible that some people can accuse Barnes of towing the party line for LFC as you can tell that it's a subject that he's so passionate about and one close to his heart. If he felt LFC deserved condemnation, I've no doubt that he would say so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Here is an article in Marca about Suarez, google translate needed.

http://www.marca.com/2012/02/12/opinion/firmas/1329082452.html#comentarios

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Of course we would have to be paying more!

I think we have set the standard there, hope that changes rather quickly.

• Advertisement

Made me chuckle anyways

fergiewenger.gif

Apologies to Mike, think its him whos always banging on about bandwidth :p

Made me chuckle anyways

fergiewenger.gif

Apologies to Mike, think its him whos always banging on about bandwidth :p

Typical Arshavin, not putting the effort in:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lol, I only noticed Woy is in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I'm afraid Liverpool is in more controversy:(

Controversy surrounds future of the Anfield Cat after he is discovered at a property in Liverpool

Sunderland or Merseyside? Kenny or Keano? One of the biggest transfer sagas of the season is ongoing - with two big city locations claiming ownership of world's most famous cat

Bet:

By Chris Myson

Comments

More On : Liverpool, Sunderland, Tottenham

166723hp2.jpg liverpool cat

There is growing controversy surrounding the future of the ‘Anfield cat’ after the animal was discovered living as a stray in a derelict house close to Liverpool’s stadium.

The cat earned instant fame when he brought the Premier League match between the Reds and Tottenham to a standstill last Monday, somehow finding his way onto the playing surface.
    Don't Miss

After entering the pitch in the 11th minute, cheering fans in the stadium and millions of worldwide TV viewers watched in amazement as he ran around the pitch, with the game having to be brought to a halt.

Spurs keeper Brad Friedel is known for having cat-like reflexes but he was unable to catch the intruder until a steward was eventually able scoop him up before instantly ejecting him from the ground, providing the animal with a stern warning about stadium rules as he sent him on his way.

As a result of his antics, the cat earned global fame. Videos of his pitch invasion circulated around the internet and a parody Twitter account has already attracted over 55,000 followers.

Liverpool fans claimed ownership of the cat and named him ‘Kenny’ in tribute to their manager and a search to find the animal was initiated. Over the weekend, Freshfield Animal Rescue received an anonymous phone tip-off on where they would be able to find the animal.

The information proved to be accurate, with 'Kenny' discovered living it large and enjoying his fame in an unoccupied property.

"He is an absolute gentleman and loves eating chicken - which seems to be his favourite treat."
    - Cattery assistant Katherine Gibbs discusses working with the cat.
    166721_hp.jpg
    He has now been taken to a temporary home at the charity's centre with the aim of an appropriate permanent residence being found for him.

Cattery assistant Katherine Gibbs, 25, who has worked closely with 'Kenny' since he was discovered, described the cat as "an absolute gentleman".

She said that despite a few scratches to his face and legs picked up from fights with other – presumably jealous - cats, he can be generally considered to be in good health. The charity’s staff also suspect the animal has been a success with the ladies since earning fame.

Katherine told Click Liverpool: "He is not an aggressive cat and we think he is a bit of a ladies man so he fought off the advances of other male cats and has wounds from fights.

"He was a little bit timid and reserved when we brought him here but he has settled in brilliantly.

"We'll get him match fit soon and he has done quite a bit of training already. He is exhausted at the moment and sleeps a lot. But he will be in full health soon after a course of antibiotics, a dental and once he is neutered.

"He is quite a laidback cat but he doesn't like dogs, like most cats. He'll be a lap cat, even though he's strong-willed, because he loves his cuddles.

"He's an absolute gentleman and loves eating chicken - which seems to be his favourite treat."

A resident who lives nearby the property where the cat was found insists 'Kenny' was already well known in the area before his Anfield exploits.

They said: “He's already famous round here and I would love to see him go to a good home. This cat has been knocking around these streets for years.

"It would be really nice if he could get a home in the area and with his new-found fame I’m sure he will have no problem. Even if he got a home over the other side of the ground I bet he could still cut across the pitch."
    A twist in the 'tail'

However, there is controversy over the long-term future of the animal because a claim has been put in by a family in Sunderland, who believe he is their long-lost pet.

Christine Smith from Sunderland claims the cat in fact belongs to her family and is actually called ‘Keano’, not Kenny, after the former Black Cats boss Roy Keane.

Quite how the cat would have been able to travel 160 miles from the North East to Merseyside remains a mystery but Christine and her children believe the animal may have found its way onto a large truck destined for the Liverpool area.

She told the Sunderland Echo: “It’s not an Anfield cat, it’s a Mackem cat!

“It seems mad to think it is Keano, given how far away Liverpool is, but we are sure it is him.

“When he disappeared a month ago, we thought we had lost him. It was so strange to see him on television.

“We think it is definitely him. He has a black mark under his chin and a scratch across his nose. We don’t know how he got there. It’s amazing.

"It’s not an Anfield cat, it’s a Mackem cat! We are sure it is him - he disappeared from Sunderland a month ago." - The Smith family insist the animal belongs to them.
    166722_thumb.jpg “All we can suggest is that our neighbour drives a lorry long distances and he might have grabbed a lift.

“Keano is a very streetwise cat and he loves to be outdoors. He would definitely be able to stand up for himself. It is mad to think it is him, but on close-up it does look like Keano.

“You do hear of pets who mysteriously turn up hundreds of miles away.”

After the match last week, Liverpool confirmed they had “released the said animal into the local area” and confirmed some stadium officials had seen it lingering outside the players’ entrance at Anfield on numerous occasions during the past few weeks.

It is presumed the crafty cat had been waiting for the perfect moment to breach stadium security and wait until a busy matchday to make a break for it.

The three-year-old animal is yet to make any public comment on the issue, having denied a number of interview requests since being discovered.

The saga continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

no the cat is from liverpool. He tweeted it earlier on. ****in Mackems, go back into newcastles shadow there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

daithijjj wrote: »

Wow I don't think anyone even on the Liverpool thread has come out with quite such a strong defence for Suarez.

Main points:

- Suarez is a bastion against hypocrits

- Why should he be forced to shake hands with someone who has spun a yarn about him which has given him a reputation as a cowardly racist, not to mention cost him money and given him a suspension?

- There are codes in football which Evra does not have a clue about.

- Some things should stay on the pitch.

- Evra isn't a bastion for professionalism as his actions at the 2010 World Cup when he was captain shows.

- Evra's reaction at the end of the game when he celebrated with his fans and attempted to provoke Suarez into a reaction is also to be noted.

- Suarez is not false and he thought with his heart. He is not an embarrassment to Liverpool as Ferguson has said. He gave a lesson on what we should eradicate from this world - hypocrisy.

Interesting to see another's country's media's point of view on it, even if it is an opinion piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭kingshankly

In all fairness who gives a **** about the fecking cat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Morzadec wrote: »
    Wow I don't think anyone even on the Liverpool thread has come out with quite such a strong defence for Suarez.

Main points:

- Suarez is a bastion against hypocrits

- Why should he be forced to shake hands with someone who has spun a yarn about him which has given him a reputation as a cowardly racist, not to mention cost him money and given him a suspension?

- There are codes in football which Evra does not have a clue about.

- Some things should stay on the pitch.

- Evra isn't a bastion for professionalism as his actions at the 2010 World Cup when he was captain shows.

- Evra's reaction at the end of the game when he celebrated with his fans and attempted to provoke Suarez into a reaction is also to be noted.

- Suarez is not false and he thought with his heart. He is not an embarrassment to Liverpool as Ferguson has said. He gave a lesson on what we should eradicate from this world - hypocrisy.

Interesting to see another's country's media's point of view on it, even if it is an opinion piece.
    Spain is hardly a barometer for racial harmony and sensitivity, in all fairness.

Also that is Marca sending up a kite to Suarez to join them in Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

wrote:
    Why Suarez is obliged to the courtesy with a colleague to pimping?

It's about time someone said it.

Thats just a baseball writer actually thinking owners input is as important in the Premier League as they are in MLB.

I'm a red sox fan and have been for years and when the owner speaks everyone listens especially the man who ended the red sox curse but
    Imo though i should add I dont think the owner has any real input into the team aspect in the premier league .

Interesting read though when you compare the obsessive nature of red sox and baseball fans to actually worrying about the owners physical capacity to work. can you imagine the echo writing about is John Henry physically capable to do it, I reckon something like 'take a break, leave the cheque book'

In all fairness who gives a **** about the fecking cat

my god man. Show some respect.

Spain is hardly a barometer for racial harmony and sensitivity, in all fairness.

What's this based on?

I know there was controversy a few years ago in the England game, but I wouldn't say Spain is a racist country (from my experience of it) or that Spanish football fans are generally racist. I'm sure there's a few idiots but you get that in every country.

Anyway, he states in the post he does not condone racism at all...I've asked a few people over here about the word 'negro' and they have told me it is not a racist term and nothing like '******' in English...'negro de mierda' or 'puto negro' would be terms used to express racism, 'negro' by itself wouldn't really be enough...

Anyway sorry if I'm dragging this OT towards the racism case, I think everything's been said there!

But it's relevant to this because perhaps the article is a reflection of a more sympathetic stance towards Suarez, as they understand how the term Suarez used was perhaps more of a gaff or faux-pas misinterpreted by Evra, rather than intended racial abuse.

Could also just be that they're coming out to defend a fellow Hispanic, and also the French aren't the most popular in Spain (especially at the moment) so this could have something to do with it

• Advertisement

The crux of the racism points raised in that article are merely tangential to the actual points being raised though.

The subject matter is 'hypocrisy'. Spanish people will not have been saturated by SKY and the other UK media, they wont be aux fais with the relationships and entanglements, the politics. All they will see is England, and its worldwide relationship with FIFA.

For example, it was the FA and the UK media that were at their most 'angered' about Blatter's comments re handshake's. Now they see the furore being wound up over something they accused Blatter of being ridiculous over. This handshake is now supposed to have cured the worlds ill's if you listen to the same sections who went after Blatter. Thats just an example and not necessarily in the article but its the hypocrisy that is.

There is nothing in there that even suggests a move for Suarez by the way.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/betting-hots-up-on-luis-suarez-683551

Any takers?
    Wanna bet that Suarez and Dalglish will both leave Liverpool?

You can get 5-1 on player and manager to be gone before the start of next season

Bookies Boylesports are betting on whether the outdated Premier League pre-match handshake tradition will be scrapped by next season and at 12-1 I'd say that's a very good bet.
    BetVictor offer 16-1 for the two Scots not to shake when United next face Liverpool. Not a good bet -Dalglish will shake with rage.
    Hills go 5-1 for Dalglish and Suarez both to have left Liverpool by the first game of next season.
    The Uruguayan is 11-5 with Boylesports to be sent off this season and it's 3-1 for another player to refuse to shake hands with him before a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Iang87 wrote: »
    Thats just a baseball writer actually thinking owners input is as important in the Premier League as they are in MLB.

I'm a red sox fan and have been for years and when the owner speaks everyone listens especially the man who ended the red sox curse but
    Imo though i should add I dont think the owner has any real input into the team aspect in the premier league .

Interesting read though when you compare the obsessive nature of red sox and baseball fans to actually worrying about the owners physical capacity to work. can you imagine the echo writing about is John Henry physically capable to do it, I reckon something like 'take a break, leave the cheque book'

If Henry speaks about Liverpool he is listened to, it's very rare but I know when he has tweeted about the club it has been picked up on quickly. But you probably are right, as long as the money keeps coming and there isn't near Abram levels of interference, fans don't care that much.

I'd say Henry definitely was involved in the apologies, but I'd say that more a reaction to a massive breaking crisis. Dalglish and the actual club seem to have been give given a Carte Blanche as regards the handling of the whole thing up to that, which ironically, was probably ill advised.

Dalglish needs more help, the Independent wrote about it a month ago and again yesterday. Comolli seems to be the players side and Ayre coming in with late apologies is no good to anybody.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

It's no surprise FSG have hired Barwick to have a look over our PR side of things. If Henry and Co could rewind back time alot of things would be done differently and going forward I'm sure they want to make sure there are guidelines in place to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's no surprise FSG have hired Barwick to have a look over our PR side of things. If Henry and Co could rewind back time alot of things would be done differently and going forward I'm sure they want to make sure there are guidelines in place to follow.

Whoever advised the legal team to go down the Evra "is a liar" should get a Darwin award!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Thrill wrote: »

3/1 on another player not to shake hands with him is not at all a bad bet imo...

A lot of players will genuinely believe he is racist and won't want to shake hands with him. They will also know they won't face the moral outrage directed at Suarez for not shaking hands with Evra, as it could be represented as a noble act of anti-racism and they would have the moral high ground. They will also know they won't face any discipline from the FA after they took no action regarding Saturday's events.

It could perhaps even be used by some as a tactic to wind up/get at Suarez, who knows.

Either way I think it's likely and I certainly wouldn't offer 3/1 on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jaysus, if I was a player I'd lay down a hefty bet on that and duck right out of that handshake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I've played my part in the shenanigans...
    I've had me heated debates over the last few days...

but for the love of god lads...in two days im more sick of this than all the other debates going on...

all for discussion and all but its not even a discussion anymore...

its a playground name calling match!!!

Rangers are in Admin and Tevez is coming back for City...SKY SPORTS is moving on!!!

If they can move on surely we can all try giving it a go...

So....Brighton on Sunday. Will it be a Best XI put out? Or will we make the common mistake and drop some players...

Can see Bellerz starting, and really hope thats with Carroll and Suarez.

This would be a great game to get, who I rate to be our best attacking players, some time together.

Reina
    Kelly
    Agger
    Skrtle
    Riky
    Spearo

Hendo
    Stevie
    ---Suarez
    Bellers

Carroll

something like this, against brighton should rip them to shreds..

and the bench looking something like...

Doni, Johnson, Carra, Adam, Downing, Kuyt, Shelvey

Gives us plenty of options too..

two up front, rest stevie, dirky job, shelvey game time, downing sitting down excercises which hopefully he will enjoy for a large part of the season.

i presume kelly gets the cup games.

think we have to really take this game to brighton. dont want to big them up here but really take the game seriously. we dont need to beat them, we need to show we are LFC and without being arrogant, or disrespecting Brighton..we need to destroy them.

Morzadec wrote: »
    3/1 on another player not to shake hands with him is not at all a bad bet imo...

A lot of players will genuinely believe he is racist and won't want to shake hands with him. They will also know they won't face the moral outrage directed at Suarez for not shaking hands with Evra, as it could be represented as a noble act of anti-racism and they would have the moral high ground. They will also know they won't face any discipline from the FA after they took no action regarding Saturday's events.

It could perhaps even be used by some as a tactic to wind up/get at Suarez, who knows.

Either way I think it's likely and I certainly wouldn't offer 3/1 on it!

Honest to god I would be shocked if another player refused to shake his hand. Player, club, manager would all be scrutinised just like the other day and a media shít storm would ensue. I'd imagine any player who doesn't shake Suarez's hand would be fcuked outta it by their manager and rightly so. Really, really can't see it happening.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jaysus, if I was a player I'd lay down a hefty bet on that and duck right out of that handshake.

And then you'd be suspended for ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

If Hazard goes to Spurs I'll....fuc... AARghjasDFKBHFD I... words... no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

eldwaro wrote: »
    I've played my part in the shenanigans...
    I've had me heated debates over the last few days...

but for the love of god lads...in two days im more sick of this than all the other debates going on...

all for discussion and all but its not even a discussion anymore...

its a playground name calling match!!!

Rangers are in Admin and Tevez is coming back for City...SKY SPORTS is moving on!!!

If they can move on surely we can all try giving it a go...

So....Brighton on Sunday. Will it be a Best XI put out? Or will we make the common mistake and drop some players...

Can see Bellerz starting, and really hope thats with Carroll and Suarez.

This would be a great game to get, who I rate to be our best attacking players, some time together.

Reina
    Kelly
    Agger
    Skrtle
    Riky
    Spearo

Hendo
    Stevie
    ---Suarez
    Bellers

Carroll

something like this, against brighton should rip them to shreds..

and the bench looking something like...

Doni, Johnson, Carra, Adam, Downing, Kuyt, Shelvey

Gives us plenty of options too..

two up front, rest stevie, dirky job, shelvey game time, downing sitting down excercises which hopefully he will enjoy for a large part of the season.

i presume kelly gets the cup games.

think we have to really take this game to brighton. dont want to big them up here but really take the game seriously. we dont need to beat them, we need to show we are LFC and without being arrogant, or disrespecting Brighton..we need to destroy them.

I reckon it'll be

Reina
    Kelly Coates Carragher Enrique
    Henderson Spearing Adam Maxi
    Suarez Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

slingerz wrote: »
    I reckon it'll be

Reina
    Kelly Coates Carragher Enrique
    Henderson Spearing Adam Maxi
    Suarez Carroll

if i was picking my dream team it would be as i listed it...

if i was picking what i expect kenny to pick...your close to the money.

According to a very reputable source at Bloomberg, FSG had no hand in the apologies at all. There was no pressure from them to do anything. It was Ian Ayre's and the management team upstairs decision on what came from the club on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

reina
    kelly
    skrtel
    carra---johnson

maxi
    spearing---adam
    downing

suarez--carroll

not sure on maxi, one of henderson, bellamy or kuyt may play instead

pretty sure downing will play though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I think we will see shelvey, maybe coates in for agger, carra will start somewhere. I would love to see one of the reserves (suso or sterling) get five to ten mins at the end. Maybe even let Doni loose!...poor lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

reina

kelly
    agger
    coates
    johnson

----hendo
    spearing
    adam

shelvey

suarez--carroll

I pray to god that i never see Downing for the rest of the season. I'd imagine Bellamy will be rested for the CC final. Oh and Sterling and/or Morgan on the bench would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Genuinely not looking for trouble here, just a question, there is a lot of talk about Hazard going to Spurs here, and anger at that, presumably because you would like to see him play for Liverpool, but a question, why would you think Hazard would sign for Liverpool at the moment?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

kryogen wrote: »
    Genuinely not looking for trouble here, just a question, there is a lot of talk about Hazard going to Spurs here, and anger at that, presumably because you would like to see him play for Liverpool, but a question, why would you think Hazard would sign for Liverpool at the moment?

Because he's white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭SM01

Possibly because Liverpool are considered to be turning the corner on the pitch in terms of playing style and competitiveness after the turbulent (to put it politely) Gillett & Hicks tenureship and over the next couple of years will start winning some silverware (most probably domestic cups) and have the ambition and determination to get back into the Champions League and it'd be nice to be in at the start of this era.

Possibly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement