Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with HP laptop

Options
  • 23-11-2007 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey,
    I have a HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop which is about 6 months old. A couple of times recently it wouldn't work when I turned it on. I can hear it starting up and the keypad lights come on but the screen remains blank. It happened again a couple of days ago and only just started to work again now when i randomly tried to switch it on.

Was just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar? Any advice appreciated thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I had the same situation myself with a compaq laptop. I brought it back to Dixons where I bought it and it was sent for repair.

I'm still waiting for it tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 acerwarranty

sounds like a motherboard intermitent fault. the external monitor as suggested would help eliminate the graphics card if it has a seperate one but as it intermitent you may not get an accurate result unless it actually happens again.

Advertisement