Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptopsdirect.ie

Options
  • 17-11-2007 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

Just wondering what experiences to people have with www.laptopsdirect.ie?

Im looking at a Lenovo 3000 N200 Laptop for only €580, and it seems to majorly kick the vostro 1000s ass!
    * Processor - Intel Core Duo T2310 / 1.46 GHz - Cache Memory 2MB - L2 Cache
        * RAM - 1GB DDR II SDRAM (Max 4GB) - Low cost double memory offer, call for details!
        * Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
        * Card Reader - 5 in 1
        * Hard Drive - 120 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
        * Optical Storage - DVD-Writer - integrated
        * Display - 15.4" TFT Screen active matrix VibrantView
        * Audio Output - Sound card
        * Telecom - Fax / modem - 56 Kbps
        * Networking - Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wireless LAN
        * Input Device - Keyboard, touchpad, scroll button
        * Power - AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
        * Battery - Lithium Ion
        * Dimensions (WxDxH) - 36 cm x 26.7 cm x 3.1 cm
        * Weight - 2.8 kg
        * Manufacturer Warranty - 1 year warranty

Any ideas? Its seems too good to be true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

BCawley wrote: »
    Just wondering what experiences to people have with www.laptopsdirect.ie?

Oh, here we go again. :)

I will try and stay as neutral as I can, but what I will say is do a search on this forum for them. As a moderator, I have caught their employees a few times on here pretending to be satisfied customers (also known as shilling). Some head of something or other also signed up to "help" but he lasted all of two posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Firstly Thank you for saving me money, secondly In my defence I done a search, and thirdly, you should probly leave a note on the ''Places to get a laptop'' thread that there crooked.

Save others and your own energy.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

have seen some other issues with them mentioned but can say my one laptop purchase off them went as smooth as possible. Ordered a Q35, got it in 2 days and not a bother since. It was by far the best price on it at the time. May have posted in the earlier threads too.

Firstly Thank you for saving me money, secondly In my defence I done a search, and thirdly, you should probly leave a note on the ''Places to get a laptop'' thread that there crooked.

Save others and your own energy.

I'm not saying they are crooked, I am saying they have been quite underhanded on this forum. I am also saying get other people's opinion before forming your own.

And I certainly don't want to get Boards.ie's legal department all hot under the collar by putting up a sticky that disparages that or any company.

copacetic wrote: »
    have seen some other issues with them mentioned but can say my one laptop purchase off them went as smooth as possible. Ordered a Q35, got it in 2 days and not a bother since. It was by far the best price on it at the time. May have posted in the earlier threads too.

How long ago was that and how much did you pay?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

How long ago was that and how much did you pay?

it was about a year back, can't remember to be honest, but it was the cheapest of all the uk and irish shops by about 200 or so. It was in the region of 1k.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My friend bought a laptop of them and everything worked out fine. Saying that I have seen a lot of bad responses from people on here about laptopsdirect so you should take that into account.

tom dunne wrote: »
    I'm not saying they are crooked, I am saying they have been quite underhanded on this forum. I am also saying get other people's opinion before forming your own.

Just out of curiosity, why didnt you mention you bought off them?

I'm seriously tempted now, When people were having trouble getting it delivered, how long did they have to wait?
    Also if they try to mess me around how easy is it to demand a refund?

Just out of curiosity, why didnt you mention you bought off them?

Because a search would reveal that I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Just bought a laptop from them went very smoothly, ordered one for a mate last year and that went smoothly too, their prices on some products are beating the suppliers in this country like sharptext.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

Just bought a Asus eee PC from them
    ordered friday lunch time - arrived monday afternoon.
    No Problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 johnwrites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

I was almost ready to buy a Toshiba Qosmio on e-bay to-day.
    The spec was ideal for me and it looked really good.
    Then I realised the fascia was not chrome but white plastic so have gone back to plan A : Sony AR51M

Spent a while checking prices.
    Laptops Direct Ireland were €1470 exc delivery.
    This works out almost exactly the same as their UK website.
    Sony Irelands website price it at €2030. While the shops probably sell it a bit cheaper, it won't be as good as L.D.

Advertisement