Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equipment for Irish Open

Options
  • 02-10-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

This one needs its own thread. Right lads, The Irish Open is approaching and as usual I have committed everyones gear before asking :pac:.

We are hosting this event at the Trinity Bar so that means that it is necessary for us to bring our own gear. Back to the good old days.

I am bringing all the community monitors as I have them in my front room. In addition I will be bringing some extra TV's a couple of consoles and probably at least some of the recording setup. I am looking for people to post here for what they can commit to bringing. I will have approx 10 monitors and only 2 consoles so immediately it is the consoles that I would be requesting people bring but if you can bring a full setup, I am sure we will need it.

Mike has said he will bring in 2 wii's for the project M tournaments (Thank you - Do Wii's have special connections needed for screens?)

I think there was one other who said they would bring something but thats why this thread is here. Post up if you are willing and able to bring some or all of a setup. SF and Marvel are being run on xbox 360 so that is the main one we need. I think the 2 wii's should be enough. We will need a couple of extra ps3's for Tekken and IJ & UNiB.

We have full access to the venue from 10am until 9.30pm (More details on this to follow in the main thread) but it means the more setups we have, the quicker things will happen and the more casuals we can have setup.

One final request
    Can you ALL bring copies of the game where possible. Recently we have had problems whereby we have no had copies of the games to play. It is fairly easy to pop it in a bag/jacket. If it is not used then no harm but the other way causes us problems :)

Thanks
    Aj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I can take a PS3 and w/e games the Open is hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I can bring a lagless monitor, PS3, 360, Ultra TTT2, UMVC3, IJ:GAU, two four socket adapters, one of which has a 3m cable and my good self.

If someone was willing to mod my Wii and get Project M on it, I could bring that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If anyone is bringing a 360, make sure the games load properly when offline.

If they don't, go into account settings and do a license transfer.

Once complete choose to download everything from your download history (not a full download, just gets a fresh license and takes a second)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

If anyone is bringing a 360, make sure the games load properly when offline.

If they don't, go into account settings and do a license transfer.

Once complete choose to download everything from your download history (not a full download, just gets a fresh license and takes a second)
    I'm sure there is a yt video for this? Cause it is essential

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭spriral

I'll bring my modded Wii down for project M.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

I got my 360 console, a copy of super, USF4 copy and digital version on said console.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

I'll have two full Wii setups with Project M there with me. Can supply copies of Marvel or Ultra if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Dunno if I'll make this, and, dunno how useful this offer is, but!
    If you can get someone to pick my xbox up, you can have it and my copy of tekken tag tournament 2 if thats of any use.
    I also have 1 hdmi to vga converter, as-well-as a hdmi to vga+2 RCA cable for xbox, if they are of any use.

I live near live very near kilcock and I'm in maynooth weekdays.

Dunno if I'll make this, and, dunno how useful this offer is, but!
    If you can get someone to pick my xbox up, you can have it and my copy of tekken tag tournament 2 if thats of any use.
    I also have 1 hdmi to vga converter, as-well-as a hdmi to vga+2 RCA cable for xbox, if they are of any use.

I live near live very near kilcock and I'm in maynooth weekdays.

Thanks for the offer. I'll get in touch closer to the time. Hopefully you can make it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I could also drag my Xbox as well as my PS3 along and a copy of ultra if I get one beforehand.

• Advertisement

I can make this.
    I'll bring my xbox and TTT2. (at the very least it can be used for casuals)
    How are ya's set for monitors?

How are ya's set for monitors?

This is our current commitment from various peoples. Ixayek -> If you can bring a monitor, that'd be great.

equipmentlist.png

We will need more games, consoles and monitors brought

Shout out here and I will update the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can supply PS3, UNiB, Monitor.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    This is our current commitment from various peoples. Ixayek -> If you can bring a monitor, that'd be great.

We will need more games, consoles and monitors brought

Shout out here and I will update the list.
    Sorry AJ but we have a slight mix up.
    The Tekken Tag 2 game that I'm offering to bring is for xbox, which is why I questioned whether they would be of any use to ya's.
    Apologies for that, I should have explicitly said that in the first instance.

I should be able to get ya two monitors.
    One I'll bring myself and the other my bro will bring.
    I will let you know for definite if we can supply both on Monday.
    I cannot say for certain if they are lagless, but they were used at Infergus and I don't believe anyone had any complaints; I have played on both a fair bit and I thought they were very good.
    We'll bring them along, and sure, if ya's don't use 'em, no biggie :)

Also,
    regarding my console, should I try to ensure a certain amount of free space on the HDD? I'm assuming you'll be wanting to install some of the games on the console to be used?
    And, with that in mind, what time would you like ppl who are supplying gear to be there at so you can set up?

Sorry AJ but we have a slight mix up.
    The Tekken Tag 2 game that I'm offering to bring is for xbox, which is why I questioned whether they would be of any use to ya's.
    Apologies for that, I should have explicitly said that in the first instance.

I should be able to get ya two monitors.
    One I'll bring myself and the other my bro will bring.
    I will let you know for definite if we can supply both on Monday.
    I cannot say for certain if they are lagless, but they were used at Infergus and I don't believe anyone had any complaints; I have played on both a fair bit and I thought they were very good.
    We'll bring them along, and sure, if ya's don't use 'em, no biggie :)

Also,
    regarding my console, should I try to ensure a certain amount of free space on the HDD? I'm assuming you'll be wanting to install some of the games on the console to be used?
    And, with that in mind, what time would you like ppl who are supplying gear to be there at so you can set up?

Don't worry about IJ. I think we will have that covered but I will most definitely take you up on the xbox and monitors offer. Do you have speakers or it is a TV with them? As for HDD space, generally not required as we will probably just have disks but we might need to patch games to have them at their latest level. I know Ultra SF has a new free patch available so I'd need to patch them. We wont have access to the venue until the morning of with equipment so its gonna be fun but if you can meet me next week, I can taken em off you and take care of all that. PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

I can bring a ps3 with unib on it, if that's any good to you

I can bring a ps3 with unib on it, if that's any good to you

Great, I have you in the equip list. Thanks!

Do you have speakers or it is a TV with them?
    Both are PC monitors. One of them is a very new compaq with built in speakers and excellent picture quality. The other is an oldish dell, but it's really quite good. No built in speakers. I was testing it yesterday and I thought it was really responsive.
    As for HDD space, generally not required as we will probably just have disks but we might need to patch games to have them at their latest level. I know Ultra SF has a new free patch available so I'd need to patch them. We wont have access to the venue until the morning of with equipment so its gonna be fun but if you can meet me next week, I can taken em off you and take care of all that. PM me. :)
    PM'ed :)
    I'll make sure there's a few gig's for ya man.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭FireBreather

Ill bring a PS3 for Injustice my friend and letters will bring copies of injustice, i have no PS3 pads though!

Advertisement