Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iBood refurbished iPads €412.45

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

If you look at the discussion on iBood, people are saying you can get the same model brand new from the Apple stoer for 449 including delivery and a full warranty.

I don't like Apples, so I haven't checked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

animaal wrote: »
    I don't like Apples, so I haven't checked.

They are good for you!

For stuff like this I'd rather go direct with apple or locally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Had a look at the irish, german, french, dutch and spanish apple stores and its around 499, everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

It's a second hand, ex-broken piece of kit. At that price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Had a look at the irish, german, french, dutch and spanish apple stores and its around 499, everywhere

here's the refurbished from Apple, difference is 1 year warranty and possibly better refurb if they replace outer shell
    http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FB292B/A?mco=MTkwNDUxNDM

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

JOSman wrote: »
    It's a second hand, ex-broken piece of kit. At that price?

Can be returned for change of heart, or unwanted gift, not necessarily broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Refurb price too close to full price. I'd rather pay an extra €90 and get a brand new one with free engraving :) and full warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

As well as the fact that the updated ipad is imminent. Rumours have been rife that the new one is already in production which means a launch very soon indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

:eek::eek:
    Apple fans paying LESS for something rather than MORE than anyone else? :eek:

No! No! - Apple fans believe the more you pay the more it's worth.

Shiny, shiny......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

dowtchaboy wrote: »

I don't understand,

Are you saying there are better quality tablet devices with better customer support for less?
    Please do link to such a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dowtchaboy wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Basq wrote: »

You were saving that weren't you......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

I don't understand how it only can have 6 months warranty? Apple refurb units come with the same warranty as new products? (1 year?)

449 for a refurb from apple with the year warranty
    http://store.apple.com/ie/product/FB292B/A?mco=MjAzMTE2MjQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Doodee wrote: »
    I don't understand,
    there, there - it's OK - we know.
    Doodee wrote: »
    Are you saying there are better quality tablet devices with better customer support for less?
    Please do link to such a thing.
    Dunno - I haven't played with any other tablets. The iPad is mighty, cool and great fun and I am working on helping someone use one for something to do with WORK (gasp!). Quality is excellent. Battery life is not great but maybe no worse than any other tablet.
    Customer support? - Apple? - c'mon - you are kidding me, right? Ask them a question that is not on their script and as someone said about Bertie it's like playing handball against a haystack - there's a dull thud and nothing comes back.

As with most Apple products there's good customer support i.e. if you go to forums/fora (depending on your age...)
    you will good help from knowledgeable and generous people in amongst the shrillies and kiddies - but that's support provided by the customers for Apple, not vice versa. I am quite prepared to believe that customer support for any other tablet is no better, by the way.

The main point I was making (the smilies are supposed to give you a hint that it is not entirely serious) is that Apple fans are proud and keen to pay more than anyone else for similar functionality.

Toodle- pip (- that's a pun, a kind of joke, OK? :) )

Advertisement