Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte Player?

Options
  • 25-11-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

It seems to be out of action, anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

peanuthead wrote: »
    It seems to be out of action, anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

Yup. Getting a 404 on it here too.

IMF took it perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

God dammit! That player's my life at the moment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Yeah, I just tried it and got an "error" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

the whole site's down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nicki123 wrote: »
    the whole site's down :(

So it is. Feckin' recession!

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Yep, probably removing their stupid banner ads. Or else the site crashed because so many people tried to watch Fade Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Nolanger wrote: »
    Yep, probably removing their stupid banner ads. Or else the site crashed because so many people tried to watch Fade Street?

lol at that idea!!

I can't believe it's still not back!! grrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Finally someone is complaining about the way they plaster ads all over the site, this is progress. Someone in rte should have a look at the bbc site. I'm pretty sure they only redesigned the site to squeeze more ads in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

it's working for me

try www.rte.ie/player

if it's rte.ie/player (minus the www part) it just gets an error.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Finally someone is complaining about the way they plaster ads all over the site, this is progress. Someone in rte should have a look at the bbc site. I'm pretty sure they only redesigned the site to squeeze more ads in.

Someone should look at the difference in budgets between the bbc site and the rte one. I think they do a really good job and the rte player is a resounding success. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Miriam Prime Time should be along any toime now (sigh...) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

it was reported just now on news on two that rte website is down due to hardware faults and will be up shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

irishchris wrote: »
    it was reported just now on news on two that rte website is down due to hardware faults and will be up shortly
    well just did a quick check a few minutes ago, and was able to watch sometime for a few secs on rte player. just be sure to include the www in the address

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Player seems to be going ok again now.
    Someone should look at the difference in budgets between the bbc site and the rte one. I think they do a really good job and the rte player is a resounding success. :P
    If you believe different reports from the past few years RTÉ was on the brink of bankruptcy at one point, since then they've managed to get their act together and break even. When they do manage a profit perhaps this year they should remove the annoying ads. They can't be making that much from shilling the rte guide in a side banner compared to the licence fee they get from every household.

Advertisement