Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M50 Ballymount interchange

Options
  • 06-12-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

The interchange at ballymount seems to be very badly congested when coming on to it north bound from the m50 because of the traffic lights at its 10-15 second cycle, could this be a bit of a feck up and a junction that should be made freeflow? I cant understand the logic of not having all intersections free flow. I can imagine this being revisited in a couple of years time

Comments

Is it now fully open?

I went through this morning, from the mad cow and it was still using the temporary diversion via the roundabout.

It may function better when all the construction work has finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They'll probably do their same old trick. Set up the lights so that the busier road is massively disadvantaged and only ten cars can get through at a time. Then when loads of people complain, they'll claim they're examining their data. Two weeks later, they'll tweak their setup so now 12 cars get through on each change and call it a job well done.

That's what happened at Ballyowen anyway...

Advertisement