Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New workshop ideas

Options
  • 11-03-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just looking for you advise. Im starting a small woodshop/workshop and have ordered the following shed
    http://www.waltongardenproducts.ie/15-x-10-Value-Overlap-Modular-Wooden-Workshop
    Im just wondering what you think of the size of it and what tools should i start gathering to kit it out. I also want to do some woodturning in it also. Anyone maybe have a floorspace plan and how i can design the inside? All your ideas would be greatly appreciated:)

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dean93

It's a good size, buy a small table saw and a router to get started. If your buying a lathe make sure it's in a well lit area in your shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

all depends on what you want to do in there. is the shed just for wood working or do you have to share with all the other usual stuff lawnmower etc,

I would start with a workbench along the wall where the window is and go full length of the shed. build or buy cabinets/ drawers all along below it to store all your gear. an idea if you were to buy a table saw would be to mount it on castors and it could be rolled out of the way when not in use even in under the work bench. the possibilities are endless! it all depends on the type of work you want to do in there. cutting down 8x4 sheets in the shed will not be so easy due to space so maybe a fold down workbench of some kind to set up outside might be a good idea if you will be doing sheet work.
    I built a very simple one for myself consists of two long rails and 4 short rails they are cross halved into each other and when sat on sawhorses it makes a great workbench.

timber storage is also a good idea a few timbers screwed to the shed wall uprights would act as supports for shelves or long lengths of timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭IanVW

Would you possibly be able to take some pictures of the inside of your workshop?:) and the outside workbench you made? This shed is going to be just for woodwork nothing else :)

Advertisement