Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Toms

Options
  • 02-10-2015 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

So, I bought a Tom Tom in January of this year. Didn't use it much, just to get me to 4 or 5 places over the past 9 months. Anyway, last month, it kept hanging and dropping the signal saying it couldn't find a valid GPS signal even though I would be in city centre. So, after communicating with the company and making sure the system was up to date I sent it back for investigation as nothing seemed to rectify the issue. This morning I get this from them; The service of your defective item(s) is unfortunately not covered by warranty.
    We request that you pay the following fee for the repair of your item: € 105.00
    PLEASE NOTE that if the payment is not received within 30 days, your device will be returned UNREPAIRED.
    If you prefer not to accept the out of warranty fee, we would be pleased to present you with a loyalty offer for the purchase of a new device. Our support line will help you further with the purchase.
    I'm just a bit peeved that after only having the device for 9 months and it barely being used they tell me this :( Surely, with the device being under a year old I am covered a bit more!
    Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

Advertisement