Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there cameras at the Junction of Ballybane Road / Bother Na dTreabh Juction ?

Options
  • 27-05-2015 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just wondering if anyone knows if there are cameras on this junction ?
    I was walking home last night and when the lights for me cross went green one car flew through which really frightened the crap out of me. But the Range Rover that came after it nearly killed me. Both of them broke the lights and drove through at speed.

I wonder if it has been recorded and can they be reported ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I don't know what it is about drivers that follow the " if the car infront of me runs the red light sure its grand for me too." Absolute muppets. Its happened to me countless times in the past at various junctions. I doubt anything will be done about it though even if there are cameras there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It appears so, see top left http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91037857&postcount=30
    Doubt they actually record anything

Report it to TrafficWatch http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=111

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thanks folks I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Hi folks,
    Just wondering if anyone knows if there are cameras on this junction ?
    I was walking home last night and when the lights for me cross went green one car flew through which really frightened the crap out of me. But the Range Rover that came after it nearly killed me. Both of them broke the lights and drove through at speed.

I wonder if it has been recorded and can they be reported ?

Contact the city council im nearly certain there is cameras there

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ned14

Galway is the only place I get afraid stopping at a red light for fear of being rear ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

AFAIK, The camera's are there to allow the traffic control centre to adjust the lights based on traffic volumes. I doubt they record anything or can be used for law enforcement.

Advertisement