Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netbooks - what mice are you using?

Options
  • 03-01-2009 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭

Since having the EEE 1000 a few months I'm just getting it setup how I want it. The problem with the mouse I have atm is....it's wired!

I was looking at a Logitech V450 as the wireless adaptor is mega small. I was hoping some folk on here would have alternatives, although I'm liking the V450 tbh. I just hope it's compatible with ubuntueee. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Those look good. I've been tempted to get one of those for a while now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I use this sucker, Logitech vx nano 'tis really good so it is, have had it for ages now and it's still going strong, infact i use it with both my netbook and main pc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That was actually the one I was thinking of, Alan. What's the difference between the nano and 450?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

More buttons on the nano, looks a lot more comfortable as well tbh. Less battery life but more comfort. Hmm. more money too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I use this sucker, Logitech vx nano 'tis really good so it is, have had it for ages now and it's still going strong, infact i use it with both my netbook and main pc

+1 This is a really good mouse

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    More buttons on the nano, looks a lot more comfortable as well tbh. Less battery life but more comfort. Hmm. more money too ;)
    Hmm, I like buttons.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Kinetic^ wrote: »

The battery life is still savage though, i mean i think i've changed the batteries about 3/4 times since getting mine, think i got it in late '07 ish, and thats with daily use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I just use the trackpad. I can't stand using a mouse with either my laptop or netbook. Kind of defeats the purpose of portability in my mind.

The battery life is still savage though, i mean i think i've changed the batteries about 3/4 times since getting mine, think i got it in late '07 ish, and thats with daily use.

That's alright I suppose. My netbook is my main machine now so comfort would be a big thing for whatever mouse I use. I'll think about it for a few weeks but that vc nano is probably the one I'll go for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have this version of the V450, it doesn't have the mega small dongle, but the one it does have stores in the bottom of the mouse when not in use and automatically switches off the mouse when not in use, which is handy.

I tend to use my NC10 a lot for late night browsing and the mouse clicks on the logitech are very loud in the dead of night, someone over on sammynetbooks recommended the Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 as being very quiet.

Anyone have this mouse and can confirm? Or can suggest the cheapest source? Best I can find so far is about €31 del from ebay.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Have a VX Nano too, was fairly cheap on Dell, great little mouse, love the smooth scroll thingy (wheel freewheels).
    You can store the dongle in the battery compartment but I dont bother, suitcase fits over the netbook and dongle just fine.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

I just got myself a vx nano this week for €38 delivered on dell.ie. Here was my reasoning;
    • I can use it with any PC - i can't use a bluetooth mouse with any PC unless it has BT.
    • Bluetooth isn't as responsive as a wireless mouse.
    • It has programmable buttons - anyone who likes to rapidly fire up applications or folders appreciates this.
    • Requires bluetooth to be enabled constantly - not sure what impact that has on battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭CHW

I'm kinda hoping there'll be a netbook with touch-screen in the next few months. I've read a few reports of them coming, but haven't seen anything concrete yet. Some of the mods look good, but I'd prefer one with it as standard. Trackpads are good, but to me it just seems logical that these devices shoud have a touch screen as well.

I'd much prefer a trackpad to a touch screen.

Finally got around to ordering the nano, can't wait to get rid of ze stupid wireless mouse I have atm! :mad:

Advertisement